The Student Room Group

First term/first year general content :)

Hey all! :biggrin:

I was hoping a current medical student would be able to give me a bit of detailed information in to the content of the first term of medical school? Also, whether they would recommend any books? I know everyone says to enjoy the summer etc, I certainly will! But i'm very interested and would like to have a look over a few points before/if I manage to make it to medical school!

Thank you for any help! :biggrin:
Anyone? :biggrin:
Reply 2
It depends on the Medical school.

Each course do things in slightly different orders.
Original post by EllaBella<3
Hey all! :biggrin:

I was hoping a current medical student would be able to give me a bit of detailed information in to the content of the first term of medical school? Also, whether they would recommend any books? I know everyone says to enjoy the summer etc, I certainly will! But i'm very interested and would like to have a look over a few points before/if I manage to make it to medical school!

Thank you for any help! :biggrin:

As stated above it really depends on the medical school. The best place to look would be on the university's web page. There will normally be an overview of the course modules. Do you have an offer from somewhere or are you in year 12?
Original post by Steerforth
As stated above it really depends on the medical school. The best place to look would be on the university's web page. There will normally be an overview of the course modules. Do you have an offer from somewhere or are you in year 12?

I have an offer from King's :smile: Ok, thanks a lot. I know the first two years are basic anatomy and physiology, I just wondered if there were any bits in particular that might be worth a read! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by EllaBella<3
I have an offer from King's :smile: Ok, thanks a lot. I know the first two years are basic anatomy and physiology, I just wondered if there were any bits in particular that might be worth a read! :smile:

Kings Handbook for MBBS Phase 1 attached.

It covers the main overview of Year 1, and all the lectures, towards the end it has a reading list!
Original post by carcinoma

It covers the main overview of Year 1, and all the lectures, towards the end it has a reading list!

Wow thank you so much!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by carcinoma

Wow, Thank you carcinoma.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending