The Student Room Group

riotgrrl's summer transformation blog :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Good day today! :smile:

Breakfast- quorn sausages + orange juice (STILL working my way through the vast amount of sausages mum bought me xD)
Lunch- quorn sausage salad (as inventive a recipe as the quorn chicken salad :tongue:) + strawberries
Snack- Naked bar
Dinner- vegetable stir fry with rice noodles

Off to the gym tonight as well :smile:
Original post by riotgrrl
Good day today! :smile:

Breakfast- quorn sausages + orange juice (STILL working my way through the vast amount of sausages mum bought me xD)
Lunch- quorn sausage salad (as inventive a recipe as the quorn chicken salad :tongue:) + strawberries
Snack- Naked bar
Dinner- vegetable stir fry with rice noodles

Off to the gym tonight as well :smile:

Keep it up hun! Stir fry sounds good, what did you put in it? I always throw in so much garlic and ginger that the house stinks for days :tongue:

I'm in a really good mood today so thought I'd share in the happiness :bigsmile:
Reply 42
Original post by shorty.loves.angels
Keep it up hun! Stir fry sounds good, what did you put in it? I always throw in so much garlic and ginger that the house stinks for days :tongue:

I'm in a really good mood today so thought I'd share in the happiness :bigsmile:

Yay! I'm in a good mood too cos I got out from work early :tongue: Stir fry was one of those ready chopped packs from sainsburys, looked like it had broccoli, beansprouts, pepper and onion. I did the whole pack so I can take the other half in for lunch at work tommorrow.
Reply 43
Still going pretty well, although I drank a lot of vodka last night (with diet coke though!) Supposed to be having friends round for pizza tonight so I'll have to try and not go too crazy there.
Reply 44
Pizza last night tasted great but made me feel bloated and queasy a little while later, had the same effect when I ate pasta earlier in the week. I used to live on the stuff so I don't know whether not really eating it has made my body more sensitive to it or I just never noticed before but it's a bit weird :s-smilie: I feel like I shouldn't go into massive detail about my digestion here (cos who wants to hear about that? xD) but something is definitely affecting it.
Reply 45
Weight loss still stalling/plateuing (no idea how to spell that!). Only lost about 2 pounds this month so far, hoping to step that up before the't monthly weigh in. Haven't been to the gym much which might be the cause, cos work tuckers me out too much generally. Anyways, I have one week left of work, then two weeks holiday, then I am gonna gym it like an insane person.

Food today-

Breakfast: Toast
Lunch: Quorn chicken fillets, carrot sticks, fruit salad
Snack: Magnum (whoops... have been literally RUNNING up and down stairs outside in 30 degree heat though... seriously felt like I needed that!)
Dinner: Vegetable sausages, a baked potato and some string beans
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 46
Going on holiday tommorrow so I thought I'd post my end of the month update now

Weight: 146 (down 3lbs... weightloss has definitely slowed but so long as it's still going down, I'm happy!)
Bust: 36 inches (still the same, whooo!)
Waist: 28.5 inches (down 0.5 inches)
Hips: 38.5 inches (also down 0.5 inches)

Would love it if my boobs continued not to shrink and I lost a couple more inches off my waist and hips, would make me a perfect hourglass. I don't think that's gonna happen though, they'll probably go down 3 inches right at the end or something annoying like that. Que sera sera.

Going to try and be healthy on holiday, lots of fruit and salad and swimming! Will let you know how it goes when I get back.
Reply 47
Being healthy on holiday? Didn't work out so well xD Off to my boyfriend's for the rest of the week tommorrow, we're planning on going hiking and might even bully him into going running with me. Hope I haven't gained too much weight back in my week off, will be really demotivating if I have. Speaking of which, seeing so many skinny girls prancing around in their summer gear is driving me mad. They can't all be working hard at it- I know loads of my friends eat crap and never exercise and just seem to put no effort in and look lovely. It's totally maddening. I know there's all that stuff about "the habits of naturally slim people" about how they all take the stairs and stuff, but I find it hard to believe they all ended up looking like that by eschewing escalators constantly. I don't know. I'll get there eventually, I suppose, and be all the healthier for having actually gone to the gym and eaten my vegetables to do it.
Reply 48
I've gained FOUR pounds in a WEEK. How is that even possible??? :frown:
Reply 49
I've gained FOUR pounds in a WEEK. How is that even possible??? :frown:

Water weight fluctuations, timing of meals and things, actual legit weight gain (unless you've been eating at a pretty big rate, this won't be that much of it). Although going by the mirror is a much more useful gauge than weight.
Reply 50
Original post by Slumpy
Water weight fluctuations, timing of meals and things, actual legit weight gain (unless you've been eating at a pretty big rate, this won't be that much of it). Although going by the mirror is a much more useful gauge than weight.

I don't think I could ever be objective/observant enough to see 4lbs difference in the mirror! Will weigh myself again on Monday and hopefully it will have gone down.
Reply 51
I don't think I could ever be objective/observant enough to see 4lbs difference in the mirror! Will weigh myself again on Monday and hopefully it will have gone down.

Mirror was probably a poor choice of word! But a continuous photo diary is a better gauge than weight, because of all the possible fluctuations. If you can be bothered, taking various measurements (eg waist, arm, bust, thigh, etc) can let you know if you're gaining weight but losing inches etc.
Reply 52
Lost two of my four holiday pounds last week which is not quite quick enough for my liking but pretty good nonetheless :smile: Set myself a mini challenge yesterday of trying a new exercise class every day for the rest of the week. Going to do a work out in the gym tonight and then go to hot power stretch afterwards, whatever that is.

Started doing little push ups (ie. my head/chest not actually making it anywhere close to the floor) in the regular position, rather than up against walls/chairs etc. cos I think that way is better for my technique and keeping back straight and all that stuff, and hopefully I can just get lower and lower until I'm doing real ones.

And in other (really boring) news, todays food-

Breakfast: Bran flakes
Lunch: Babybel light toastie, plum, muller light yoghurt
Snack: Graze my thai crackers
Dinner: Spicy kidney beans on toast (sounds weird, seriously one of the best meals ever)
Lost two of my four holiday pounds last week which is not quite quick enough for my liking but pretty good nonetheless :smile: Set myself a mini challenge yesterday of trying a new exercise class every day for the rest of the week. Going to do a work out in the gym tonight and then go to hot power stretch afterwards, whatever that is.

Started doing little push ups (ie. my head/chest not actually making it anywhere close to the floor) in the regular position, rather than up against walls/chairs etc. cos I think that way is better for my technique and keeping back straight and all that stuff, and hopefully I can just get lower and lower until I'm doing real ones.

And in other (really boring) news, todays food-

Breakfast: Bran flakes
Lunch: Babybel light toastie, plum, muller light yoghurt
Snack: Graze my thai crackers
Dinner: Spicy kidney beans on toast (sounds weird, seriously one of the best meals ever)

I'm currently losing "holiday pounds" as well so I feel your pain! So frustrating. But the worst bit is, I didn't even go anywhere! My parents and brother went on holiday for a week so I was home alone, and "treated myself" to make up for it. Gained 3lbs.
Reply 54
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I'm currently losing "holiday pounds" as well so I feel your pain! So frustrating. But the worst bit is, I didn't even go anywhere! My parents and brother went on holiday for a week so I was home alone, and "treated myself" to make up for it. Gained 3lbs.

9lbs to go though, according to your sig, that is AMAZING! Holiday weight does suck, but gotta keep plugging on. Hopefully I'll get the rest of it off this week.
Reply 55
I'm also losing my holiday pounds - Gained 3kg whilst I was away. I'm of the philiosophy though that it's nigh impossible to keep to the same diet/exercise regime so why try. They're not staying though!
Reply 56
Original post by Lantana
I'm also losing my holiday pounds - Gained 3kg whilst I was away. I'm of the philiosophy though that it's nigh impossible to keep to the same diet/exercise regime so why try. They're not staying though!

Yeah, you kinda have to expect to gain a few. I've been super good this week to make up for it though, been trying a new exercise class day this week. Went to a weight training one tonight and learnt to front squat (pretty sure he was supposed to teach us back and overhead squats too but ran out of time) which was cool although my god, walking up stairs is an effort NOW, tommorrow is gonna be SORE. Have a pilates class planned to stretch it out.
Reply 57
I dont see why you need to lose weight.
Original post by Podcaster

This. She looks good as it is, won't look as good if she lost the weight.
Reply 59
Holiday weight is gone! Meaning I'm finally back to where I was three weeks ago xD I've got boxfit tonight and a fairly healthy day of eating-

Breakfast: Toast and a nectarine
Lunch: Vegetable ciabatta
Snack: Melon
Dinner: Vegetable stir fry with noodles

Original post by Podcaster

Original post by Blackshadow
This. She looks good as it is, won't look as good if she lost the weight.

Thank you both, I appreciate the support, but I'm hardly at the stage where I'm going to look emaciated if I lose weight :tongue: When those pictures were taken, I was a size 12-14. My goal is 9 stone 4, which would leave me with a still healthy BMI of 19.2 and hopefully back in a size 10 again.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest