The Student Room Group

Places to live?

I have just found out this week I have got a place in Strathclyde University and I am wondering which are the best places to live in Glasgow?

I have been told the west end is a nice place to live? I have found a few flats around and about, but some hints and tips wouldnt go a miss! :smile:
West End or City Centre (better in your case)
Original post by Ecowatcher
I have just found out this week I have got a place in Strathclyde University and I am wondering which are the best places to live in Glasgow?

I have been told the west end is a nice place to live? I have found a few flats around and about, but some hints and tips wouldnt go a miss! :smile:

Lots of Strathclyde students stay in Dennistoun, look for flats in the "Drives", ie Roslea Drive, Finlay Drive, Craigpark Drive etc, it's a 15 min walk from uni.
City center is closer, but more expensive.
Some students wishing to live in larger groups will venture to the West end, but obviously it then takes longer to get in in the morning (this option seems more popular with those who don't have a 9am start every day).
Websites like rightmove and S1homes are good for finding flats to rent if you already have a group of people to move in with.
Reply 3
Well I am going to be doing a PGDE so I will be doing a lot of travelling none the less.

Are they any good websites for people just looking for single rooms?
Original post by Ecowatcher
Well I am going to be doing a PGDE so I will be doing a lot of travelling none the less.

Are they any good websites for people just looking for single rooms?

http://www.glasgowpad.org/
Also try gumtree.
Reply 5
Finding a flat is harder than I expected, especially since it takes me 3 hours or more just to get to glasgow!

Quick Reply

Latest