The Student Room Group

Being on holiday makes me depressed about where I live

So right now I’m away on holiday in Spain. I’ve been here for almost a week and tomorrow is my last day.

Every time I’m on holiday regardless of place this happens, i get the regular holiday ending blues - same as anyone really I suppose. However more so because I really just do not like where I live. I wouldn’t go as far to say I hate it but it’s a small town that I’ve grown up in for 18 years. There’s really nothing to it and quite honestly I really want to get away from it all, and quite far away because nowhere else locally is any better to be honest.

I’ve realised whilst being here that I love the Spanish culture and have even taken it upon myself to start learning the language because I just find it all so beautiful. I feel like places like this must be so nice to live in, I get that each place has their bad parts but there’s so much more to places like these, much nicer scenery and everything. I don’t live in the worst area in the world don’t get me wrong but nonetheless it depresses me.
Original post by Newtothis_24
So right now I’m away on holiday in Spain. I’ve been here for almost a week and tomorrow is my last day.

Every time I’m on holiday regardless of place this happens, i get the regular holiday ending blues - same as anyone really I suppose. However more so because I really just do not like where I live. I wouldn’t go as far to say I hate it but it’s a small town that I’ve grown up in for 18 years. There’s really nothing to it and quite honestly I really want to get away from it all, and quite far away because nowhere else locally is any better to be honest.

I’ve realised whilst being here that I love the Spanish culture and have even taken it upon myself to start learning the language because I just find it all so beautiful. I feel like places like this must be so nice to live in, I get that each place has their bad parts but there’s so much more to places like these, much nicer scenery and everything. I don’t live in the worst area in the world don’t get me wrong but nonetheless it depresses me.

Hi there,

I completely understand the feeling of leaving your holiday destination and reluctantly returning home. Perhaps this can be an exciting path for you to pursue though, moving to Spain and living there would be great, although you may end up feeling the same thing if you went on holiday away from spain too haha. There is nothing wrong with seeking change and a new home.

I wish you the best of luck wherever you choose to go!

Rachel - YSJ student rep

Quick Reply

Latest