The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about results? TSR poll!

Scroll to see replies

i hated chem 5 so much!! In the exam i imagined myself get my pencil and stabbing the paper and then just sobbing all over it lol...
I did a resit year at Sixth Form this year... If I would've passed last year I probably would be at university now :facepalm: But this year I did Classics AS and A2 in one year (4 modules in summer)

Due to the pressure I didn't do as well as I had hoped for in the exams, started on the wrong question... loads of spelling errors... really let the pressure get to me, so it could go either way on results day.

My parents are pressuring me and using emotional blackmail to make me go university even if I don't get good grades, just want the August 16th to hurry up so I can move on with my life and decide what the best course of action is.
Reply 182
I love how whoever posts that their going to do amazing and are confident gets negged down? and the ones that say the worst is coming gets possitive feedbacks and likes? wow shows how envious people are towards others success...
Reply 183
I don't really care about my GCSE results, fairly confident..but a bit nervous about starting sixth form
Reply 184
Original post by Seek Help
I love how whoever posts that their going to do amazing and are confident gets negged down? and the ones that say the worst is coming gets possitive feedbacks and likes? wow shows how envious people are towards others success...

No, it's better to be humble than arrogant.
both preparing for the worst and on good days think it could go either way
Reply 186
both good and bad.... statistics wasn't too amazing :mad:
I'm pretty happy with how my AS exams went, and came out feeling positive, and had the usual 'went better than expected feeling' BUT I don't know if I've done good enough so I'm a bit worried. Hope the results don't spoil Leeds fest by making me depressed!
Reply 188
i am getting ready for good and bad grades. i promised to myself i will not cry but probably i will even if i know what to do next.
Reply 189
Original post by f1mad
Preparing for the worst, hoping for the best.

A million times this.
I want to see the poll! Why wont it be visible until much later lol
Original post by Seek Help

Thing is we're not talking about success here everyones in the same boat waiting for results that determine whether you go to UNI or not...
lol, i know i'm screwed.
Well...Could go either way for geog retake, sociology and french w/r/l but geog exam wasn't great and started crying at the end - in the exam :colondollar: !!! French oral wasn't so good either!
Original post by CJ
If you're expecting your A levels in August (just over a month away now :woo:), where do you think you fit on the scale?

We did something like this last year, so get voting and we'll see how this year compares with last :biggrin:

So how well do you think you'll do? Vote!

Can you change the poll so that it closes on the 16th or 15th? Maybe people will change their minds when they see the grade boundaries on the 15th!
Reply 195
1000th voter. Woo.

Some exams went well, some went poorly. That's just my initial reaction though, which is usually way off. It'll be interesting to see how the results pan out.

Best of luck all.
Original post by When you see it...
Can you change the poll so that it closes on the 16th or 15th? Maybe people will change their minds when they see the grade boundaries on the 15th!

Are you sure about the grade boundaries being published on the 15th? if so where will it be shown for ocr and aqa?
I voted for it could go either way...but hoping for a miracle as it looks unlikely :frown: so maybe I should have voted for expecting the worst...

Such a relief to finish the exams this summer I just don't know how the hell I am going to have to resit some after all the stress of this last year of exams if I don't make the grades!!
Original post by snailsareslimy
Preparing for the worst. CCEA is a b******. Why?
- Had a hideous exam timetable (first 3 a2 exams on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the first week of exams (all essay subjects too), my other 2 on the Monday and Tuesday of the following week).
- 1 week of study leave.
- The Biology exam was hideous, 30 times as hard as the previous past papers (plus the January one was so difficult too :frown: )

Plus...
- Was too sick to do one of my resits.
- Had an awful History teacher this year, who dragged out the course so much I had so little time to revise, and she purposely avoided giving us information. Plus she always undermined our class, essentially saying we were stupid. Thanks!
- Generally didn't do very well in the exams, definitely could have done better!

Sooo yeah. Hiya gap year.

Dry you're eyes I had the exact same timetable except I had 2 exams in the same afternoon period on the 2nd monday --> I sat a Biology exam for 2hrs, had a ten minute break and then sat an 1hr 30 politics paper.

I liked the setup overall though, much easier to focus in a smaller period
Reply 199
CJ
x

We have 1000 voters. :u:

Quick Reply

Latest