The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about results? TSR poll!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FallenDeath
I can't find the sheet with all my UMAS marks but as far as I remember:

Stats was about 54
C1 was about 72/74
C2 was also a bit similar to C1 around about 74
Okay don't worry about it.

Yes you need Mid Bs (around 72 to 75) on average to get a B overall. Good luck :h:
Original post by Llewellyn
Okay don't worry about it.

Yes you need Mid Bs (around 72 to 75) on average to get a B overall. Good luck :h:

Thank you so much :smile:
Does it mean I need to get Mid B's in C3, C4 and M1? :eek:
Thank you so much :smile:
Does it mean I need to get Mid B's in C3, C4 and M1? :eek:

You need 220 UMS for a B in those 3 units. So that's 220/300 which is about 73 or 74 on average.

No you don't need mid Bs in all of them. You could get a high A, a high C and a high B and it would average out. You could get 3 mid Bs and it would average out.

Listen, don't worry about it too much. There's not much you can do at this point. Try to not let it ruin the next few days.
High 5 :mad: since I saw them about 3 hours ago thats all I can think about :angry:
Reply 384
Original post by JordanS94
High 5 :mad: since I saw them about 3 hours ago thats all I can think about :angry:

Me too :frown: The C4 and FP2 grade boundaries... :shiver:
Anyone know if AQA boundaries/Edexcel boundaries are out yet?
I THINK Spanish and maths will be fine :smile:

... but biology and chemistry?!? :frown: :frown: :frown: I'm not feeling optimistic!

PS. I HATE AQA Biology!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Sorry just had to vent my anger :biggrin::biggrin:)
(edited 11 years ago)
'sup guys, good luck to everyone getting their results tomorrow :biggrin:

Don't forget our Clearing, Applications and UCAS forum if anyone has any questions: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Fiiiinally, we've got a poll up trying to find out what TSR memebers are being predicted (we'll then follow it up after results to see how it matches up). Vote in our poll here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2081936
Should make for some interesting results!

Good luck everyone :yeah:
I am absolutely crapping myself, once I get my results, I'm gonna have to make some decisions that could either be the best decisions I make or the ones that ruin my future o.O
I can't find the sheet with all my UMAS marks but as far as I remember:

Stats was about 54
C1 was about 72/74
C2 was also a bit similar to C1 around about 74

You need a minimum total of 420/600 UMS across your 6 units for a B.

Your current total is between 200/300 and 202/300 UMS (since you didn't give an exact value for C1).

So, you need between between a total of 218/300 to 220/300 UMS across your A2 units. An average of 73/74 per unit should do the job. :smile:
Original post by justinawe
You need a minimum total of 420/600 UMS across your 6 units for a B.

Your current total is between 200/300 and 202/300 UMS (since you didn't give an exact value for C1).

So, you need between between a total of 218/300 to 220/300 UMS across your A2 units. An average of 73/74 per unit should do the job. :smile:

Thank you, that was helpful :smile:
Unfortunately Edexcel increased their grade boundaries for M1 and C3 i think, so I am quite worried :redface:
Reply 391
Original post by Retro.spex
Ditto on C4 :frown:

A very bad case of poor exam management for me. Plus I messed up the one subject I really love for another one which I won't even get an A in now anyway...

What are your plan B & C if you don't mind me asking?

Apologies for the late reply! I plan to resit any modules I've done bad in (read: C4) in Jan while applying for my course (dentistry). Most Dental/Med Schools reject students who take more than two years to complete their A-Levels, so I'll be applying to the few that don't mind. I'll also be applying to other biomedically related fields as Plan C (as I doubt Plan B will work!) and then apply as a Gradutate.

Of course, I might just skip them all and go straight to Plan D. All I need is a noose...

P.S.: Plan D is a joke.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Vian
Apologies for the late reply! I plan to resit any modules I've done bad in (read: C4) in Jan while applying for my course (dentistry). Most Dental/Med Schools reject students who take more than two years to complete their A-Levels, so I'll be applying to the few that don't mind. I'll also be applying to other biomedically related fields as Plan C (as I doubt Plan B will work!) and then apply as a Gradutate.

Of course, I might just skip them all and go straight to Plan D. All I need is a noose...

P.S.: Plan D is a joke.

Well, I'm with you on your plan B. Good luck tomorrow and I hope everything works out (and doesn't get to the Plan D stage...)
Good luck everyone! Hoping for the best ...
Posted on this ages ago but currently siting awake unable to
sleep guess I'm more nervous than I thought! Anyway good luck everyone with the results! Y
Reply 395
[video="youtube;9jK-NcRmVcw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw[/video]
i got A*,A, b and im so happy! I might go through adjustment =] only if i get into UCL tho but what are the chances lol :smile:
Reply 397
I got B, C, D & U... I'm dropping the D & U and taking up a new a-level and retaking the U too. I'll also retake the lower of the modules for the B & C.
Busy year ahead!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I got ABDU I am obviously dropping the U and re-sitting the D to raise my grade. I expected worse tbh ...
AABC!! :biggrin:
York, here I come! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest