The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about results? TSR poll!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Im confident for physics and chemistry since i got 100% and 98% respectively for unit 1 but maths i absolutely hated and the exam was so hard in my opinion so I'm not expecting a good result. Biology I've got absolutely no idea, the paper seemed ok but i really don't know haha
Results day can go either very very good or very very bad for me. Normally I have a good idea of how I have done but this year "/ no idea. I could get any result ranging from A*AB to BBC :bawling:. I just want to know now so I can figure out what to do with my life if everything goes wrong :cry2:. I actually had a dream that I got a C in physics..... I dont even do physics loool!
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHDJHFGERTYEIUDRHFAWEURYOTYRJRFBDJFB!!!!

...just to sum up my thoughts on the matter.
Original post by sumsum123
Results day can go either very very good or very very bad for me. Normally I have a good idea of how I have done but this year "/ no idea. I could get any result ranging from A*AB to BBC :bawling:. I just want to know now so I can figure out what to do with my life if everything goes wrong :cry2:. I actually had a dream that I got a C in physics..... I dont even do physics loool!

I did that too, woke up thinking "bugger! failed maths that's it now, end of the road for me.....hang on...nevermind :smile:"
I think I'll either scrape into my firm or get into my insurance comfortably. I'm thinking I'll get AAA-ABB. :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
yeahhh I ****ed up, a lot
Well, i'm not happy because i know i made so many mistakes in all of them. So whatever I get, i'll be thinking, I could have done better.

But yes, S2 was the worst. The amount of mistakes i made. :cry:
I put could go either way because I have absolutely no idea :frown::frown::frown:
My mum has to open my letter on results day for me because I feel so sick! lol
My confidence in my grades falls everyday. :P

When I'd finished all my exams, I thought "Yeah, I think I've got A*AA!"

Almost a month later, that's slipped down to ABC. AQA Biology will be the death of me.. Think I'm just gonna prepare for the worst because whenever I think I've done really well and I'm really confident, I end up with Cs. :rolleyes:
I had pneumonia during my A levels - preparing for the worst. Lovely.
Original post by Lovefoxxx_93
I think I'll either scrape into my firm or get into my insurance comfortably. I'm thinking I'll get AAA-ABB. :s-smilie:

I'm in exactly the same position as you! I think I've just scraped AAB for my firm, but my insurance is BBB and I needed Us in my summer exams to get Bs, so I think I'm comfortable there :smile: where's your firm and insurance then? :smile:
Original post by Bulbasaur
GCSEs do not matter for Cambridge, to put it bluntly. Maybe If you're applying for med but apart from that AS UMS is far, far more important. So don't worry about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Lol I want to apply for med :smile:
Reply 112
I'm feeling pretty negative about my results, I kind of feel sick just thinking about how everything will change depending on what's written on that piece of paper... I month to go :confused:
Reply 113
Definitely preparing for the worst. I felt so ill on my exam day. I had two exams on that day, as well. Also wishing I'd tried harder with a few. Aaaah, well. There's always retakes?
Reply 114
I have tried very hard but I am sure I will get only Us. But any way even if I got a pass, I wont have enough money to go to a university.
Original post by FallenDeath
Edexcel Physics was a major flop. Also C4 in I made some silly mistakes, preparing for the worst to be honest...

was the physics unit 2?
Original post by hajinator
Lol I want to apply for med :smile:

Oh. Statistically you're unlikely to get in under a certain number of A*s, but it certainly isn't impossible. The reason why people with fewer A*s at GCSE get in is because they tend to have lower AS results also. But by the sound of it you'll have a high number of A*s anyway. Still, high UMS at AS is critical for you next year.
Starting to revise the exam topics all over again! :erm:
Original post by LGrosvenor101
I'm in exactly the same position as you! I think I've just scraped AAB for my firm, but my insurance is BBB and I needed Us in my summer exams to get Bs, so I think I'm comfortable there :smile: where's your firm and insurance then? :smile:

Bristol and Exeter :biggrin: You?
I'm really nervous! I feel confident about getting As my languages, but I'm so nervous about my politics. I need a B to get into my firm and I could so easily get a C!!!

Quick Reply

Latest