The Student Room Group

Father who stabbed man to death in cafe sentanced to 26years

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by joey11223
Yeah but there's the guy turning around and hurling abuse, maybe even getting up and harassing him for saying anything. But actually leaving, going home, getting a knife and coming back to find this 63 yr old and killing him for it? Guys an absolute nut case, total danger to anyone around him.

People over-react all the time. I live somewhere nearby similar to such Squalid filth, and I have personally encountered some absolute lunatics. Make no mistake there are some real nutters who will go home, watch a bit of Jezza, then come back and cut you up because he saw some dude on tv who reminded him of you. However you look at it, he made a dumb move in intervening.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Yeah except you are not going to leave a kid next to a potential psychopath are you?

I would, Yes
Original post by Lamps08
People over-react all the time. I live somewhere nearby similar to such Squalid filth, and I have personally encountered some absolute lunatics. Make no mistake there are some real nutters who will go home, watch a bit of Jezza, then come back and cut you up because he saw some dude on tv who reminded him of you. However you look at it, he made a dumb move in intervening.

Yeah but surely you have to accept guys like him are a danger to everyone around them? If he leaves his street/council estate, which is probably pretty rough, he acts like it everywhere. If this guy had bumped into him in the street, would this guy have knifed him? Or if someone didn't realise he was in a queue for something and went in front of him? This guy just seems too much of a risk. Yeah the guy should have probably realised he should have minded his own business but he's 63, probably a granddad, maybe he wasn't aware how rough the place was or at his age wasn't used to people suddenly being violent when you're trying to be concerned.

Point is the guy got the sentence he deserved, he's scum. Sad thing is...there's a lot of scum around..I don't think it's right to say "well people are like that, don't intervene in their business", you shouldn't have to accept dangerous people are around, they need dealing with.
Original post by Lamps08
I would, Yes

You would save the kid? Props to you.
Reply 24
WOW! This just doesn't make sense, he was only being polite! I really hope he stays there for life and if he somehow, god forbid, manages to get out, he cant go outside 100ft of his house or something, this is just F'd up!
Reply 25
Original post by joey11223
Yeah but surely you have to accept guys like him are a danger to everyone around them? If he leaves his street/council estate, which is probably pretty rough, he acts like it everywhere. If this guy had bumped into him in the street, would this guy have knifed him? Or if someone didn't realise he was in a queue for something and went in front of him? This guy just seems too much of a risk. Yeah the guy should have probably realised he should have minded his own business but he's 63, probably a granddad, maybe he wasn't aware how rough the place was or at his age wasn't used to people suddenly being violent when you're trying to be concerned.

Point is the guy got the sentence he deserved, he's scum. Sad thing is...there's a lot of scum around..I don't think it's right to say "well people are like that, don't intervene in their business", you shouldn't have to accept dangerous people are around, they need dealing with.

First bit in bold happened to me once in maccy D's. Woman pushed in front of me, so I did it back, then her BF behind us started telling me he was gonna kill me,lol.

Offcourse they need dealing with, but they very rarely are. Prevention is better than cure and all.
Reply 26
Did the guy stab him with his nose? That thing should be considered a dangerous weapon.

Original post by the bear
In America they give hefty sentences like 399 years with 20 off for good behavior

Amerifats have it right in areas of criminal justice, I have to say. 26 years in prison (probably half that for "good behaviour") for murdering someone is not justice; he should never set foot outside of a prison again.
Reply 27
People who can't afford to live in better areas I guess :holmes: You can still go outside just don't get involved in other people's matters as much as say if you lived in a nice country lane.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
_60943070_quesada.jpg

Sorry but I'm British.
Reply 29
article-2142757-1306AF41000005DC-403_306x513.jpg
Reply 30
article-2142757-1306119C000005DC-915_306x513.jpg

am BRITISH INIT
What a horrible crime. It's made doubly bad because the man was only trying to help. People say there's no sense of community and we need a 'Big Society' and a huge reason for this is fear instilled by despicable acts like this.
Reply 32
Natural life sentence means you have to spend whole life in jail with no chance of parole/probation/suspension.

Life just means 20/30 years which is usually halved/reduced after good behavior.
I hope she's alright too seeing the kind of parenting she must have received from this idiot.
People with shape ups and a slit eyebrow aren't the nicest people to have any interaction with in public.
Reply 35
You see this is why I could never be a judge, I'd being a gun to the court room and shoot people like this, and then say my catchphrase "You can't stop me brah, I AM the LAW brah", and then everyone starts laughing whilst the muderer is gasping for air with a hole in their neck.
(edited 11 years ago)
Am I the only one thinking of Doug Stanhope and his warning just never to go outside because of the scary **** in the news? Man I'm never talking to a stranger ever again in case they stab me.
sickening. Hope someone kills him in prison.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending