The Student Room Group

Nearly ran someone over today...

Today I nearly ran this girl, no actually two girls, over. I feel so bad! It was this bit of road which isn't really a crossing - it's just shaded in red and there's an island for pedestrians in the middle - and I saw these girls were crossing there even though I was getting nearer in my car. So I slowed down, and then I had to stop because another girl ran out. Then I started to set off again and these other girls - who had stopped to wait for me - ran out in front of me! Anyway, I had to do an emergency stop and it was really scary... I thought I was gonna hit them, but luckily I just missed them. But it was really bad, and even though they were partly to blame, I feel really guilty and not safe on the roads anymore! Plus, three of my friends were in my car at the time and I'm worried they all think I'm too dangerous and a crap driver!
Don't worry :smile: ...from what you've said it sounds like you did exactly the right thing. I'm still having driving lessons and people just walk out in front of me (even with whopping great L-plates and a triangle on the roof!)...even my instructor starts shouting at them :biggrin:. We all have to deal with stupid pedestrians but you stopped in time...that's what emergency stops are for. As for your friends...don't worry; you didn't actually hit them and it sounds like you did everything you could. If you're still worried about being a safe driver perhaps just practice driving in quiet areas to build your confidence up again...don't forget your friends are probably just as scared when they drive
Don't worry about it. Jay walkers = stupid morons = deserve to die.
Reply 3
pedestrians are idiots... thats what separates us from them - a car. i like u like?
Reply 4
Yeah, those and cyclists. So annoying.

Anyway, I gotta cycle to Sainsbury's, will be back soon. I should really get a helmet soon. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Kingspharm
Don't worry about it. Jay walkers = stupid morons = deserve to die.

You wouldn't believe how true that is. Jay walkers (or suicide not sure) have just cost me over a grands worth of damage.

Latest

Trending

Trending