The Student Room Group

My gf of 4 years got drunk and kissed a guy yesterday

It was a friday night so she was drinking with her friends. I had some friends to catch up in the same location but different bars. I reach the location through a cab and i saw her kissing a guy wearing his coat. When i reached her and told her what the hell she doing she ran away. I caught up to her she was drunk and the guy was still hovering around her. I was angry i just told her to go back continue to do whatever she was doing and went to my friends. I forgive her the next day thinking it was just a drunk mistake. But now i keep repeating the scene and think i should break up with her.
there's no right or wrong answer for this tbh and it's not wrong for you to break up with her or to continue to be with her. She made a mistake. It was a drunken mistake that nearly anyone can make and if you break up with her for that, it's understandable because it's hard to get over. But if you love her enough to look past it and fully accept it's a mistake and believe it's not gonna happen again, then i see no reason why you should break up with her, unless there is something else too. Just make sure you have tried your best before you break up with her, because I have seen this happen before and the person immediately regretted it.
Original post by Anonymous
It was a friday night so she was drinking with her friends. I had some friends to catch up in the same location but different bars. I reach the location through a cab and i saw her kissing a guy wearing his coat. When i reached her and told her what the hell she doing she ran away. I caught up to her she was drunk and the guy was still hovering around her. I was angry i just told her to go back continue to do whatever she was doing and went to my friends. I forgive her the next day thinking it was just a drunk mistake. But now i keep repeating the scene and think i should break up with her.

End it and move on.
Reply 3
Did the person regret breaking up or staying?
Reply 4
Best to break up or give her another chance and put it out of mind. If she’s remorseful and you like her you might give it a go. Although from what you say I wouldn’t be sure it hasn’t happened before or will not happen again
Reply 5
I have a feeling it will happen again. If i stop asking her to go out and drink with friends she's gonna call me controlling, if i don't she's gonna do the same **** for sure

Original post by Zarek
Best to break up or give her another chance and put it out of mind. If she’s remorseful and you like her you might give it a go. Although from what you say I wouldn’t be sure it hasn’t happened before or will not happen again
Simple ,Break up with her.

I have never believed in the notion being drunk is an excuse . Many a times I have been drunk and would never dream of kissing someone other than my partner .

If she can kiss when drunk , what is to stop her doing more , or even just doing that again ?

No no , this girl has shown you her true colours . Now it’s time for you to show her and the people in her life that you are to be respected . Toss her aside with the rest of the trash .
The fact you caught her in the act by coincidence rather by confession makes it pretty likely this isn't an isolated incident
Nm. Just break up with her. That sounds like a major red flag.

Original post by Anonymous
I have a feeling it will happen again. If i stop asking her to go out and drink with friends she's gonna call me controlling, if i don't she's gonna do the same **** for sure
Reply 9
We all make mistakes, forgive her this time and if she does it again then dump her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending