The Student Room Group

Mass shooting at Batman film premiere.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
I'm sure the parents were responsible and probably gave the baby some sort of noise reduction earphones or buds or something. I used to work in bars where concerts would be held and the manager would bring his less than a year old baby and just put noise canceling earphones on her and she would have a blast watching the band and the people.

Either way you can't just speculate and say it was bad parenting.

Not saying it was bad parenting, just an odd choice.
Original post by BethaneyJ
9News say that the 3 month old has been released home safe and well. Good news.

thankgod
THE THREE MONTH OLD IS SAFE AND HAS BEEN DISCHARGED!!

The three month old wasn't shot, apparently. The parents just wanted the child to be checked out.
Reply 103
I guess he's disproved the existence of Batman.
Original post by Suetonius
Oversimplification at its worst. Has it not occurred to you that in most countries where the citizen is forbidden the right to bear arms, the entity forbidding it (i.e. government) is very often the one doing the shooting? You don't get rid of shootings just by forcing a coercive State monopoly over firearms. Every murderous dictatorship in the world is testament to that.

I agree now making guns illegal in the US would do nothing considering the level of gun ownership. However gun laws in the EU are stringent especially the uk, i don't see the government going around killing people.
Original post by BethaneyJ
9News say that the 3 month old has been released home safe and well. Good news.

I've just heard this on 9NEWS! Something good, I suppose.
the suspect named as James Holmes 24
Oh, why on Earth is everyone being so soppy and emotional and OTT - "Oh what a sick world we live in", "Oh, how I've lost my faith in humanity" "Oh this, oh that".

Oh, do shut up, is all I have to say. Modern western humans have watched enough crap on the television to be sufficiently desensitized to this nonsense. When I went on the Sky News website (which I do every morning when I get up simply for the thrills), I was engaged (and excited?) when I saw the Breaking News. (Really, I was expecting something like, "US troops land in Syria" or something similarly exciting.)

All of this emotional claptrap is just fake and put on ("Oh, my thoughts are with the family" and so on - oh please :rolleyes:).

Now I excitedly await the next breaking news (hopefully there'll be some action soon at the Olympics... that is, some terrorist action).

EDIT: Yes, yes, it is realised that this post is insensitive, inappropriate and heartless. But note that if you agree with the contents of this post, you must first question a few things. Most of all, you must imagine if those shot and killed were your own family members or those most closest to you - then, how would you feel. Project how you would feel with how those closest to the dead in this scenario would feel. And here, we have a developing of some sort of empathy.

EDIT the second: BTW, this post was clearly made to seek attention and be controversial, so take it lightly. In real life, such statements would not normally occur.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by velvetbrain
10+ counts of first degree murder, it is unlikely the suspect will ever be free again.

Don't worry - there'll always be a bountiful supply of gunmen in America - so don't relax too much.
Original post by HomoSapiensSap
Oh, why on Earth is everyone being so soppy and emotional and OTT - "Oh what a sick world we live in", "Oh, how I've lost my faith in humanity" "Oh this, oh that".

Oh, do shut up, is all I have to say. Modern western humans have watched enough crap on the television to be sufficiently desensitized to this nonsense. When I went on the Sky News website (which I do every morning when I get up simply for the thrills), I was engaged (and excited?) when I saw the Breaking News. (Really, I was expecting something like, "US troops land in Syria" or something similarly exciting.)

All of this emotional claptrap is just fake and put on ("Oh, my thoughts are with the family" and so on - oh please :rolleyes:).

Now I excitedly await the next breaking news (hopefully there'll be some action soon at the Olympics... that is, some terrorist action).

Or maybe people actually care? Did that occur to you?

What the hell are you on about. Who is saying they have lost faith in humanity? Some people are just showing compassion for the victims of an horrific incident, what's wrong with that. Stop being provocative for provocatives sake and trying to draw attention to yourself.
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
I agree now making guns illegal in the US would do nothing considering the level of gun ownership. However gun laws in the EU are stringent especially the uk, i don't see the government going around killing people.

No, you're right. It much prefers to profit from the selling of guns and bombs to repressive dictatorships across the world rather than take it out on its own civilians. The vast majority of law-abiding citizens would never dream of selling a firearm to a predictably murderous thug, yet all governments are somewhat addicted to such behaviour.
(edited 11 years ago)
To tell the truth, I expected to be shocked and horrified, but I was only mildly so. I certainly wasn't surprised - why should I be.

Thank Hollywood and the America media for desensitizing the population, otherwise, everytime we heard about incidents like this, we would have a great fit each time. It's like the constant bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan (how many times do you hear people over here say "Oh, just another day in the middle east" and not even bat an eyelid?).
Don't worry - there'll always be a bountiful supply of gunmen in America - so don't relax too much.

You're probably right there.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 114

Wow you are one sick, sadistic and deranged moron!!!!!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ijb57611
Or maybe people actually care? Did that occur to you?

Pish posh. What about the constant terrorist bombings in Afghanistan and Iraq (that occurs everyday probably)?

desensitised to fake stuff on the TV, this is real, people have really been hurt and people can empathise with that even if you cant
Original post by Suetonius
No, you're right. It much prefers to sell guns and bombs to repressive dictatorships across the world rather than take it out on its own civilians. The vast majority of law-abiding citizens would never dream of selling a firearm to a predictably murderous thug, yet all governments are somewhat addicted to such an activity.

So this justifies gun ownership does it?
Reply 118

I agree with you about the emotional claptrap bit, but not with the bit about hoping events like this occur.

I do find it very odd that people get so emotional about events that don't affect them on the other side of the world and how death has become such a taboo subject.
Reply 119
Original post by Jordan_1
When is America going to realise that guns shouldn't be legal? ****ing idiots.

No one ever gets shot in the UK do they? No body has ever been killed with
weapons other than guns? Bombs are banned in the UK did that stop 7/7?
Hasn't gun crime risen in the UK since the total ban on firearms?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending