The Student Room Group

ATAS application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by acedriver
1. I received the confirmation on 18th Aug, so I suppose that is my application date
2. Still haven't heard from them yet
3. It is now exactly 20 days since my application, and i probably can receive the result within the next week (if I'm lucky)
4. Things are not looking good...course starts on 24th Sep.
5. MEng Mechanical Engineering, UCL

Have you received your ATAS yet then?
Reply 61
I had deferred my entrance to 2013 and i would like to know whether CAS is required for the ATAS application.
Original post by Lolipop
I had deferred my entrance to 2013 and i would like to know whether CAS is required for the ATAS application.

A CAS isn't necessary. So long as you have a conditional offer from the university that clearly states which intake you've applied for (in your case 2013) and a JACS code. This is important. In the ATAS application these are details that need to be entered along with the universitys address and your given student ID/application number (what it's called varies between universities).

So to answer your question, no you don't need a CAS but you do need a conditional offer letter at least.
Reply 63
Original post by anillatoo
Have you received your ATAS yet then?

I have, yes, on the 7th of Sept.
Sorry, I forgot to uptate my original post
Original post by acedriver
I have, yes, on the 7th of Sept.
Sorry, I forgot to uptate my original post

Good for you, I applied for mine on the 27th August and am still waiting. I applied late as I did not know my course required this thing and that it would take so much time. Now, I am really scared of missing my course...
Reply 65
Good for you, I applied for mine on the 27th August and am still waiting. I applied late as I did not know my course required this thing and that it would take so much time. Now, I am really scared of missing my course...

I applied on the 30th of August. I too did not know about it. Just hang in there, we'll get ours soon.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Kriiiizy
I applied on the 30th of August. I too did not know about it. Just hang in there, we'll get ours soon.

Which course have u applied? For me, MSc Mech. Engineering
Reply 67
Which course have u applied? For me, MSc Mech. Engineering

Mine is MEng Petroleum Engineering. I read on their websites that they would answer emails only 20 working days after your application. Urs has been on for that long so I suggest u start emailing them. I'd start bugging them tomorrow. Also try contacting the international office at ur university.

Mine is MEng Petroleum Engineering. I read on their websites that they would answer emails only 20 working days after your application. Urs has been on for that long so I suggest u start emailing them. I'd start bugging them tomorrow. Also try contacting the international office at ur university.

I e-mailed them on Monday but did not get any replies yet. I guess I could try again... I contacted the int. office at my university and they said they could not do anything on that matter. It does kind of bugging me being powerless and not being able to do anything except waiting...
Reply 69
Original post by sajipvarghese
A CAS isn't necessary. So long as you have a conditional offer from the university that clearly states which intake you've applied for (in your case 2013) and a JACS code. This is important. In the ATAS application these are details that need to be entered along with the universitys address and your given student ID/application number (what it's called varies between universities).

So to answer your question, no you don't need a CAS but you do need a conditional offer letter at least.

Thanks for the information:smile:
I e-mailed them on Monday but did not get any replies yet. I guess I could try again... I contacted the int. office at my university and they said they could not do anything on that matter. It does kind of bugging me being powerless and not being able to do anything except waiting...

If you have emailed them once already I suggest you don't email again because those emails will be ignored. If it has been more than 20 working days and you have emailed them. They will get back to you eventually. The email will have the content, Your application is being processed. Multiple emails on the same topic will be disregarded.
Original post by Lolipop
Thanks for the information:smile:

No problem :-) hope this helped
If you have emailed them once already I suggest you don't email again because those emails will be ignored. If it has been more than 20 working days and you have emailed them. They will get back to you eventually. The email will have the content, Your application is being processed. Multiple emails on the same topic will be disregarded.

True, they don't respond. They asked me for further details on the 13th of September and only acknowledged them yesterday... I think it would be better if there was a premium application which includes a small fee to process applications faster...
Reply 73

Have you gotten yours yet?

Reply 74
Hello everyone,

I have applied for ATAS certificate almost 7 weeks ago, on 14th of august and not received any email at all from that time at all but the one received on 29th of august saying that my application is been amended. However, my course had already started on Monday 24th of Sep, and my university had already given me a deadline of Oct. 5th. In which is not enough time to apply for a UK visa in my country.

My question is; have any one been through the same path as me or waited the almost same time of 7 weeks?

please inform me if you have similar situation as in my case, as provided above

All the best of luck to all
Reply 75
Original post by gerolame
Hello everyone,

I have applied for ATAS certificate almost 7 weeks ago, on 14th of august and not received any email at all from that time at all but the one received on 29th of august saying that my application is been amended. However, my course had already started on Monday 24th of Sep, and my university had already given me a deadline of Oct. 5th. In which is not enough time to apply for a UK visa in my country.

My question is; have any one been through the same path as me or waited the almost same time of 7 weeks?

please inform me if you have similar situation as in my case, as provided above

All the best of luck to all

For your kind information, please note that I have to re-issue a new CAS once I receive my ATAS certificate, whith I still didn't have yet. Therefore, I'm not sure if I can make it to the UK or not? :'/
Original post by gerolame
For your kind information, please note that I have to re-issue a new CAS once I receive my ATAS certificate, whith I still didn't have yet. Therefore, I'm not sure if I can make it to the UK or not? :'/

I don't understand. Most universities that have courses that require ATAS only issue a CAS once the ATAS certificate has been submitted. Also I'm very sorry to say that it looks like you've become one of those very few who haven't received their ATAS certificates and miss out on the course because of that. At this stage even if you do get the ATAS, by the time you apply for a visa and book your tickets. It'll be too late. Your only option is to defer your offer and apply for the next session. And at the same time apply for ATAS immediately. Giving you enough time to receive it. Really sorry this has happened to you. Once when I applied for ATAS it took around 9 weeks. So your not the only one. All the best for your future endeavours. Cheers.
Reply 77
I don't understand. Most universities that have courses that require ATAS only issue a CAS once the ATAS certificate has been submitted. Also I'm very sorry to say that it looks like you've become one of those very few who haven't received their ATAS certificates and miss out on the course because of that. At this stage even if you do get the ATAS, by the time you apply for a visa and book your tickets. It'll be too late. Your only option is to defer your offer and apply for the next session. And at the same time apply for ATAS immediately. Giving you enough time to receive it. Really sorry this has happened to you. Once when I applied for ATAS it took around 9 weeks. So your not the only one. All the best for your future endeavours. Cheers.

Yes, you are right, this is not the way it should be like. My university had already issued me a CAS statement before. And I have applied for UK visa one week after I received my CAS, and did not noticed the ATAS requirement by that time, therefore my visa application was refused. As a result, I have to re-apply for CAS statement again since the previous CAS number had already been used.

You stated that the only option is to defer my offer and apply for the next session, the problem is that the next session starts on Sep. 2013 next year, which means wasting a full academic year. And that’s why I’m really depressed and concerned.

Thanks any way for your kind support.

All the best
Have you gotten yours yet?

Yes, I got it today n u?
Reply 79
Hi Anillato,

Congrats my friend

can I ask you how long did it take to apply and receive the ATAS certificate with you? when did you first apply and when did you received the certificate?

Best wishes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending