The Student Room Group

ATAS invalidate

You may have received an ATAS certificate today, however this certificate was issued in error and cannot be used.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Here is the email I recieved
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Moritz04
Here is the email I recieved

Hey guys, have you encountered similar situations?

I have applied for the ATAS for my PhD study at UK. I received two emails from [email protected] today, the first email granted me an ATAS certificate (with the pdf file attached), but 80 minutes later, the second email announced that the certificate was invalid.

During that sweet but short 80 minutes, I have received sincere congratulations from my friends, and I have also informed my supervisor and department. Now the school team is working on my CAS number. How am I supposed to explain this ridiculous thing to my supervisor and the department?
Reply 3
Hi, the same thing happened to me. DId you receive any further updates?
Reply 4
Original post by Itachi11

Sorry to hear that ... the university canceled my registration and I couldn't change anything in the end. Nevertheless, I found another PhD position in Europe. Good luck to you~
Reply 5
Sorry to hear that ... the university canceled my registration and I couldn't change anything in the end. Nevertheless, I found another PhD position in Europe. Good luck to you~

Hi Moritz04,

Thanks very much for your reply and wishes. May I know if you received the ATAS certificate later and how many days it took for them to send the decision? In my case, I am applying as a researcher and my starting date is quite flexible.

It is indeed a rare case and I haven't seen anyone facing it.

Best regards.
Same thing happened to me today! And i have already applied for my visa. When did ATAS respond again in your case?
Reply 7
Hi Moritz04,

Thanks very much for your reply and wishes. May I know if you received the ATAS certificate later and how many days it took for them to send the decision? In my case, I am applying as a researcher and my starting date is quite flexible.

It is indeed a rare case and I haven't seen anyone facing it.

Best regards.

Hi friend,

I did not receive the ATAS later, so I chose to go somewhere else. I did write to the FCDO office to ask if that was a mistake, but they confirmed the cancellation of the certificate. If you apply ATAS again, it will usually take 1 to 2 months for a decision.

Regards
Hi friend,

I did not receive the ATAS later, so I chose to go somewhere else. I did write to the FCDO office to ask if that was a mistake, but they confirmed the cancellation of the certificate. If you apply ATAS again, it will usually take 1 to 2 months for a decision.

Regards

Hi Moritz,

So sorry to hear about that! Did they specify any reason why they did this? And when did you hear from them back again? Within a few days or within a week?

Regards,
Aarsh

Hi Itachi,

When did this happen to you? Since when are you waiting? Did you contact your University? If yes what did they say?

Regards
Reply 10
Original post by aarshpatel10
Hi Itachi,

When did this happen to you? Since when are you waiting? Did you contact your University? If yes what did they say?

Regards

Hi aarshpatel,

I received this email today only. I have informed my line manager about it. The HR from my university is not very responsive. Have you contacted your university? What did they say about it?

Best Regards,
Hi aarshpatel,

I received this email today only. I have informed my line manager about it. The HR from my university is not very responsive. Have you contacted your university? What did they say about it?

Best Regards,

Hi Itachi,
I have not informed my university about it yet. I guess I will wait for ATAS Team to reply. If by the end of this week I don't hear anything then I'll reach out to my university.
Reply 12
Hi Moritz,

So sorry to hear about that! Did they specify any reason why they did this? And when did you hear from them back again? Within a few days or within a week?

Regards,
Aarsh

Hello Aarsh,

They reply to rejection very fast ... I remember it's within 3 days. It is due to a "system error" the mail said. I submitted one more ATAS application after this one, still got rejected after one month.

Regards,
Moritz
Hello Aarsh,

They reply to rejection very fast ... I remember it's within 3 days. It is due to a "system error" the mail said. I submitted one more ATAS application after this one, still got rejected after one month.

Regards,
Moritz

Hi Moritz,

I don't know how things are gonna turn out for me now. I indeed got my ATAS certificate twice from them. And this was last week Wednesday. I also applied for a visa last week and all of a sudden I got this today!
Reply 14
Hi Moritz,

I don't know how things are gonna turn out for me now. I indeed got my ATAS certificate twice from them. And this was last week Wednesday. I also applied for a visa last week and all of a sudden I got this today!

Even I am confused with this email. I hope something positive turns out for us.

Best regards.
Reply 15
Has anyone already successfully received a BRP using this ATAS?
Even I am confused with this email. I hope something positive turns out for us.

Best regards.

Hi Itachi11,

When was the first time you received your ATAS certificate? And what is your application number starting digits? Mine is 363***

Regards
Reply 17
Hi Itachi11,

When was the first time you received your ATAS certificate? And what is your application number starting digits? Mine is 363***

Regards

Hi,
I received my certificate on 23rd Aug and my ref no. Is 362***.
Regards
Reply 18
Hi Moritz,

Hi Aarsh.

I’m in the same boat as you. Can you check your ATAS application portal whether it shows your application as submitted or decided?
Reply 19
I also got my ATAS on 23rd August and my application id is 363***

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending