The Student Room Group

Delayed ATAS and UK Student Visa delay/no priority service for Sept 2022. Help!

Hello! I am due to start a PhD at the University of Surrey in September 2022. However, I am still waiting for my ATAS certificate I applied for on 2nd May 2022. (6 weeks has passed no response). I am worried because this delay will delay my Visa application.

As we know the UK gov has removed priority services for Visa applications and a standard Student visa is now taking roughly 6 weeks (as opposed to 3 weeks) to process.

I would love to know your experiences with regards to receiving your ATAS certificates and visa application for Sept 2022 intake.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by UzmaZaheer2306
Hello! I am due to start a PhD at the University of Surrey in September 2022. However, I am still waiting for my ATAS certificate I applied for on 2nd May 2022. (6 weeks has passed no response). I am worried because this delay will delay my Visa application.

As we know the UK gov has removed priority services for Visa applications and a standard Student visa is now taking roughly 6 weeks (as opposed to 3 weeks) to process.

I would love to know your experiences with regards to receiving your ATAS certificates and visa application for Sept 2022 intake.

Hi,

I’m in the same boat. My PhD starts on September 1 at the University of Aberdeen & I’m yet to receive the ATAS. I applied on June 15, so I don’t know when they are going to send it. Worried sick.

Keep me posted on your status. hope you get yours shortly.
Original post by Okjaphd
Hi,

I’m in the same boat. My PhD starts on September 1 at the University of Aberdeen & I’m yet to receive the ATAS. I applied on June 15, so I don’t know when they are going to send it. Worried sick.

Sure will do. Which country are you from? Some countries get their ATAS faster than others. You could join our group if you like..
https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bur0QJW3koZ7PRdYnaWPut we're all worried and some people have started getting their ATAS now so it gives some hope

Hello there even I am about to start my masters on uk by this sept intake. I applied for ATAS 45 days back and no response yet. Even I am worried about it. If you receive your atas please update here
Original post by Srinathsri
Hello there even I am about to start my masters on uk by this sept intake. I applied for ATAS 45 days back and no response yet. Even I am worried about it. If you receive your atas please update here

havent received it so far :frown:
Hello all,

I applied for ATAS for PhD in Biosciences on 2nd May from India and received my ATAS today (14th July)!! Hope all of you guys get yours soon too!
Reply 6
Original post by Okjaphd
Hi,

Hello I am also waiting. I applied I'm 20 June 2022 from South Africa. PhD in Bioscience University of Bath for Oct 3. Reading all this delay is causing me to panic. Pls update if you receive yours as we applied 5 working days apart. Thank you
Do you know when they might reinstate priority services? I applied for undergraduate and am worried that I won't get my visa in time.
Original post by Nmama
Hello I am also waiting. I applied I'm 20 June 2022 from South Africa. PhD in Bioscience University of Bath for Oct 3. Reading all this delay is causing me to panic. Pls update if you receive yours as we applied 5 working days apart. Thank you

You could join our group if you like.. https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bur0QJW3koZ7PRdYnaWPut It has roughly 190 members waiting for ATAS.
Original post by penguingirl18
Do you know when they might reinstate priority services? I applied for undergraduate and am worried that I won't get my visa in time.

Not sure about priority services but the student visa processing time has been reduced to 3-4 weeks now!!
I just received my student visa today - took about 4 weeks since I gave my biometrics. It was a terrible wait, but I'm glad it wasn't the 6 weeks as mentioned on the Gov.UK site a few weeks back!
Not sure about priority services but the student visa processing time has been reduced to 3-4 weeks now!!

That's a relief to know, thank you!
I am applying for UK student visa, however, I cannot find an early date that fits my plan. Is that fine to not book an appointment online and just walk in instead? Or do I need to make an appointment on a later date first and then walk in? Thanks so so much
Original post by penguingirl18

They have reopened priority services for Visit Visas yesterday, but not yet for work and student visas
Original post by YoGotache
I am applying for UK student visa, however, I cannot find an early date that fits my plan. Is that fine to not book an appointment online and just walk in instead? Or do I need to make an appointment on a later date first and then walk in? Thanks so so much

This likely differs from center to center, where are you based at? Where I am located, we definitely needed a booking, and there was no way you were allowed into the biometrics center unless you showed up at the correct time.
Me too havent received ATAS and I am applied on 4th june. And Still CAS and VISA are pending, please advise how to get CAS very soon.
I have sent six messages to ATAS team but I didnt receive any reply.
Hii, I applied on June 3rd, same boat, any solutions?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Praveen M
Me too havent received ATAS and I am applied on 4th june. And Still CAS and VISA are pending, please advise how to get CAS very soon.
I have sent six messages to ATAS team but I didnt receive any reply.

Hope everyone will get ATAS soon
I applied for ATAS on 26 may and resubmitted it with corrections on 8th june. My ref no is 319*** and I am from India. I contacted ATAS on 21st july but received only automated response. My university (university of manchester) says they can not help much. I am joining a PhD course and last date of course entry is 30 sep. It has been 39 working days now. Don’t know what to do now? Whom can i contact? Is the priority visa service available for tier 4?
Original post by Harsha94
I applied for ATAS on 26 may and resubmitted it with corrections on 8th june. My ref no is 319*** and I am from India. I contacted ATAS on 21st july but received only automated response. My university (university of manchester) says they can not help much. I am joining a PhD course and last date of course entry is 30 sep. It has been 39 working days now. Don’t know what to do now? Whom can i contact? Is the priority visa service available for tier 4?

Did you try mentioning your deadline to ATAS team? Also in which format did you send your mail?
https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bur0QJW3koZ7PRdYnaWPut Join this group to discuss it out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending