Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

UOL freshers week :)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Niamh.22
I'm the same, completely by myself coming from northern ireland and all my mates are staying. Such a daunting experience but excited :smile: I really hope make mates easy them events look amazing..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeaah it is exciting! In a weird way I'm glad to be alone; forces me to make new friends rather than staying in my comfort zone! :tongue:
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by laurennmc
Yeaah it is exciting! In a weird way I'm glad to be alone; forces me to make new friends rather than staying in my comfort zone! :tongue:

Same :smile: haha I can't wait.. Going to be such an adventure. U in halls?

Reply 42
Same :smile: haha I can't wait.. Going to be such an adventure. U in halls?

I only live 20/25 minutes away from the uni do I've opted to save money and stay at home! What course are you studying?:smile:
Reply 43
I only live 20/25 minutes away from the uni do I've opted to save money and stay at home! What course are you studying?:smile:

So your a native :P just kidding that sounds so funny like an Indian or something.. That's good though! Law with accounting u?

Reply 44
So your a native :P just kidding that sounds so funny like an Indian or something.. That's good though! Law with accounting u?

Haha! I'm part-native, not from Liverpool itself but really close :wink: haha! Ooh law seems really popular on here for Liverpool this year! I'm doing English!:smile:
Reply 45
Haha! I'm part-native, not from Liverpool itself but really close :wink: haha! Ooh law seems really popular on here for Liverpool this year! I'm doing English!:smile:

Is it? Trying to find people who are doing it, and literally found 2 people. Awell I'll just make friends when I'm there :smile: hopefully. Positive thinking is key (well so I've been told!) haha.

English, tough degree my mate is doing English like back home in queens university, Belfast. As long as you enjoy what u study that's the mean thing.

Reply 46
Is it? Trying to find people who are doing it, and literally found 2 people. Awell I'll just make friends when I'm there :smile: hopefully. Positive thinking is key (well so I've been told!) haha.

English, tough degree my mate is doing English like back home in queens university, Belfast. As long as you enjoy what u study that's the mean thing.

If you go on the 'University of Liverpool firmers 2012' thread; you will find some more! :smile:

Indeed it is, most will be difficult but if you enjoy it you will get through :tongue:
Reply 47
If you go on the 'University of Liverpool firmers 2012' thread; you will find some more! :smile:

Indeed it is, most will be difficult but if you enjoy it you will get through :tongue:

I'm on that and still can't see law people probs overlooked it. Lol I can't wait to actually start :biggrin:

Reply 48
I'm on that and still can't see law people probs overlooked it. Lol I can't wait to actually start :biggrin:

Haha! Look towards the most recent posts :tongue: me neither! :biggrin:
Reply 49
Haha! Look towards the most recent posts :tongue: me neither! :biggrin:

Yeah :smile: Awk thank u.. Lol going to be such fun in Liverpool can't believe I'm moving away away, not be near my home scary so excited but! :biggrin:

Reply 50
Yeah :smile: Awk thank u.. Lol going to be such fun in Liverpool can't believe I'm moving away away, not be near my home scary so excited but! :biggrin:

I'm sure you'll settle in fine! :biggrin: wonderful city!
Original post by freem1
Yeeeah i've listened to that! Did you email them today, heard anything?
YEah Derby and Rathbone is what i really wanted to :frown: x

Soo annoying :frown: yeh, they emailed me back saying theyv listed my request and they will let me know if any vacancies become available, in the mean time, i need to accpett my current offer to guarentee i have something, but its like, i cant afford my current offer, so what happens if I accept it, and then the uni doesnt offer me anything else, and i now have a year contract, haha, so iv looked in the private sector, but there is abso nothing :frown:, its all reserved for ljmu students :frown:? idk what im actually going to do :frown:

you got your offer?
Reply 52
Original post by sarahlabrosse
Soo annoying :frown: yeh, they emailed me back saying theyv listed my request and they will let me know if any vacancies become available, in the mean time, i need to accpett my current offer to guarentee i have something, but its like, i cant afford my current offer, so what happens if I accept it, and then the uni doesnt offer me anything else, and i now have a year contract, haha, so iv looked in the private sector, but there is abso nothing :frown:, its all reserved for ljmu students :frown:? idk what im actually going to do :frown:

you got your offer?

I just got the exact same mail saying I've been put on a waiting list! Exactly the same here I genuinely can not afford catered either it's such a mess! Really hope the can change it and also give me a ensuite to would be just lovely haha! What you studying? X

Original post by freem1
I just got the exact same mail saying I've been put on a waiting list! Exactly the same here I genuinely can not afford catered either it's such a mess! Really hope the can change it and also give me a ensuite to would be just lovely haha! What you studying? X

OMG, someone in the same boat! What are you going to do? accept your catered and hope for the best or what??? What catered where you offered?
Ahh i can't even afford ensuite! haha, fullly planned on scumming it out, more money for alchol, haha but doesnt look like thats going to happen!?
Anatomy and human biology, you?
Reply 54
Well i tried to ring, but it went to a robot woman voice, i think its because its the weekend?
BUT i got my offer - its for morton house? wtf :frown:? i applyed for self-catered accom, and i got an offer, way more than i can afford for catered accom :frown: what do i do!?

I'll be a second year next month, stayed in Morton last year. Tbh everyone applies for catered and very few get it. Morton's definitely the best catered hall to be in, Morton & Lady Mountford are the only ones with full kitchens (But LM is rank). Trust me though, Carnatic is the best place to be, better than Greenbank and MILES better than the city centre halls). They're **** holes but you'll have SO much fun.
Everyone applies for catered, and no one gets itt? WHY ON EARTH HAVE I BEEN OFFERED IT THEN, so unfair :frown:, i can't afford it! Yeh my friend stayed there last year and she sais the same!

urghhhhhhh!
Reply 56
OMG, someone in the same boat! What are you going to do? accept your catered and hope for the best or what??? What catered where you offered?
Ahh i can't even afford ensuite! haha, fullly planned on scumming it out, more money for alchol, haha but doesnt look like thats going to happen!?
Anatomy and human biology, you?

Yeah i think i'm going to have to except my catered because i don't want to be in the predicament where i have no where to live haha! But really hoping they can sort it out for me ahha! I can't really afford ensuite jsut sooooo fussy with sharing hygiene stuff haha! Defo need to scrape all the money for alcohol which is obviously they most important thing :wink:!
Ahhh wicked! I'm studying psychology :smile:!
Yeh im the same, i'm just gonna accept my offer at morton house, its not ideal, and il have to live on like £20 a week, but at least i have somewhere to live! I know, i was the same at first, i applied to the places with the least people sharing a bathroom because i cant afford an ensuite, but dont want to be sharing a toilet and shower with gross unhygenic people :frown: haha,m just got to hope for some clean people i guesse!? Is your offoer for morton house?!

I know haha, im just gonna apply for a load of jobs and hope to God i get one! haha!
Ahhh cool man! i went round the psychology stuff when i went on my interview day i think! I might be getting my unis mixed up thoguh! Any idea what date we move down ^^? :smile:
Reply 58
Yeh im the same, i'm just gonna accept my offer at morton house, its not ideal, and il have to live on like £20 a week, but at least i have somewhere to live! I know, i was the same at first, i applied to the places with the least people sharing a bathroom because i cant afford an ensuite, but dont want to be sharing a toilet and shower with gross unhygenic people :frown: haha,m just got to hope for some clean people i guesse!? Is your offoer for morton house?!

I know haha, im just gonna apply for a load of jobs and hope to God i get one! haha!
Ahhh cool man! i went round the psychology stuff when i went on my interview day i think! I might be getting my unis mixed up thoguh! Any idea what date we move down ^^? :smile:

A Morton house person :smile: im there too.. Yes I was worried bout same things as you but I think it will be okay :smile: I'm moving down on 15th :biggrin: though I'm leaving from northern Ireland on boat on 14th :biggrin:

Reply 59
Original post by alexharker1
I got my 3rd choice Lady Mountford catered. Read a few bad things about it so I've asked to be moved to Roscoe & Gladstone!

I was given Lady Mountford too. Were you able to move?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending