The Student Room Group

Maths at University of Leeds

Hiiiiii, nervous to start my maths degree at UoL. Does anyone else take maths? Any modules to avoid or any lecturers/modules you recommend??
Reply 1
I’m planning on doing maths too at the university of leeds but i can’t find many recent threads about maths at leeds :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by gabbie707
Hiiiiii, nervous to start my maths degree at UoL. Does anyone else take maths? Any modules to avoid or any lecturers/modules you recommend??

hii, i'll be starting in september this year!! any advice u could give? :colondollar:
Original post by jjjongyuu
hii, i'll be starting in september this year!! any advice u could give? :colondollar:

Hey! Im going into 2nd year maths at Leeds.
Tutorials are really helpful to go to. I didnt go to a single one in my 1st term (no idea why lol), but i started going in january and they are the easiest place to get help with your work! Also, don't stress about doing the set questions they give you before the tutorial. Even if you just do one, thats more than anyone else usually does!
As for optional/discovery modules- I did intro to geometry and it wasnt great tbh. Ive heard that the other optional module (something about interest rates) is pretty difficult too. I would pick discovery modules instead to fill up your 120 credits for the year, as you won't really have the chance to do discovery modules in 2nd/3rd year. But if you only want to do maths, ignore me! :smile: They aren't that bad lol
Also, if your interested in Chess, theres a chess club on Monday evenings (They will be at the freshers fair). Wouldnt recommend joining maths society as they only do club nights for their socials, so you dont actually meet anyone who does maths :/
Hope u have a good time!

Quick Reply

Latest