The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The physical strength of gymnasts is remarkable.

Original post by fuzzybear
women's shooting
Thanks. :smile:
There are too many events to watch! :cry:
Original post by whyumadtho
There are too many events to watch! :cry:

same here, so much is happening at the same time
Just heading off to the cycling up at Richmond Park. :woo:
There's just been a crash in the cycling. :lolwut:
Yes. I have a choice of Putney, Richmond, Hampton Court or Kingston and I don't know where to go. :confused: :lol:
We're going to go to Putney Bridge as it's an easy train from us and close to the end.

I'm sure that the Team GB directors know what they're doing and that they'll make up that time after Box Hill. No use dying after three laps of that monstrosity.
Off to the Road Race, will try and get some good pictures...
Original post by willbee
I had a power cut (and a ****) and my Sky stopped recording it so I've missed half the Ceremony!!! Is there anywhere I can watch it now? Anyone else in this situation?:confused:

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My family (who are on holiday) have just rang to ask what I thought of it and I'm like I DONT KNOW.

*sigh*

iPlayer isn't letting me watch the whole thing. :frown:

Mayberry iPlayer later today or tomorrow as its over now so the recoding should be up :K:
Reply 29
How does the Road Race work?! Is it just one cyclist that needs to pass the finish line, or the whole team? I wish there was a Madison this year :frown:
Anyone know how you can get tickets to the olympic park? I've tried looking on the London ticketing website and can't find any - does that mean they're all sold out?
Original post by cloop
How does the Road Race work?! Is it just one cyclist that needs to pass the finish line, or the whole team? I wish there was a Madison this year :frown:

Road Racing is split into two events:
1) Individual Road Race - all competitors start together and race over approx 250km of public roads in the men's race, 140km in the women's race. The first over the line wins.
2) Time Trial - riders start 90 seconds apart, and the winner is the rider with the fastest time over a shorter course.

Original post by Sockpirate
Anyone know how you can get tickets to the olympic park? I've tried looking on the London ticketing website and can't find any - does that mean they're all sold out?

They are all sold out. A few became available again a few days ago but they sold out really quick.
The All England Club looks weird with so many colourful banners and uniforms...
Reply 33
Looking forward to the swimming finals this evening.
Reply 34
Team GB of the Men's Gymnastics won their qualifying round, so we'll be in the final of the event for the first time since 1924. We even beat China!
Reply 35
So many douchebag spectators at the road race blocking the drivers. Some guys flag was literally in the face off one of the riders.
Is there a schedule of all the events and when they are being held/ will be broadcast?
Reply 37
Original post by Pensivedore
Is there a schedule of all the events and when they are being held/ will be broadcast?

here is one from the BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/schedule-results/list

You could also try the Olympic site. The Metro had a good one a few days a go
Original post by Deshi
So many douchebag spectators at the road race blocking the drivers. Some guys flag was literally in the face off one of the riders.

Was thinking that, the narrow country roads probably play a part as well. :holmes:
Original post by simibean
here is one from the BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/schedule-results/list

You could also try the Olympic site. The Metro had a good one a few days a go

Thank you!

Latest