The Student Room Group

Being 17 in uni :@

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm going to be 17 for the first month of uni :smile:
I'm no too worried because you can still go to the union and just not drink - or flat parties ect.
I'm planning on flat parties since I look even younger than my age, so even when I've turned 18 I'll need ID all of the time -_-

I wouldn't miss freshers all together though. It's not all about drinking and going out - a lot of it's to do with meeting all the people on your course and getting a good look around the university.
Reply 41
Sounds good think I'm going to go

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 42
Original post by Kgarratley
Sounds good think I'm going to go

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Freshers is not just about drinking. You will probably meet your director of studies, have meetings about your course, tours of the library, information about clubs etc. There is much more to it than what goes on in the evenings!
Original post by AnnB
Freshers is not just about drinking. You will probably meet your director of studies, have meetings about your course, tours of the library, information about clubs etc. There is much more to it than what goes on in the evenings!

I didn't realise there was that much involved... surely they don't expect you to pay £40 to be told about your course and the uni?! As in, would I need to buy a ticket to do that stuff?
Reply 44
Original post by InkingTheSky
I didn't realise there was that much involved... surely they don't expect you to pay £40 to be told about your course and the uni?! As in, would I need to buy a ticket to do that stuff?

No, you don't. I think the £40 would be for a fresher's band where you get free entry to clubs for freshers. It's never worth it anyway:smile:
I was 17 when I started uni OP, my birthday isn't until February so most of my first year was pretty annoying in regards to going out/drinking etc. Honestly if you're really desperate I'd recommend trying to get a lend of someone's ID for the night (I did this, the one I used didn't look much like me at all but I was never refused). Other than that just stick to the union, I'd get let in when I was 17 and then never had a problem buying drinks at the bar (obviously though they're all different, mine for example didn't give any way to differentiate between people who were 17 and those who were overage so there was no way of knowing once you got in).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending