The Student Room Group

Uni at 17

Hi. I have no idea who else to ask because nobody seems to have the answer. I am 17 years old and I turn 18 in january.
I want to apply for the FDSc Nursing Associate course at Manchester Met (MMU). The course requires no A-levels. And I meet all the other entry requirements. Could I apply through clearing despite being 17? Has anyone been to uni at 17? I'm not too sure about the rules on this so any help would be appreciated! Thanks :smile:
Original post by girloffline
Hi. I have no idea who else to ask because nobody seems to have the answer. I am 17 years old and I turn 18 in january.
I want to apply for the FDSc Nursing Associate course at Manchester Met (MMU). The course requires no A-levels. And I meet all the other entry requirements. Could I apply through clearing despite being 17? Has anyone been to uni at 17? I'm not too sure about the rules on this so any help would be appreciated! Thanks :smile:

It's not unheard of for under 18s to go to uni. Call the clearing hotline on Monday and ask. Also ask if you would be able to apply for accommodation or if there would be any restrictions because of your age.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
It's not unheard of for under 18s to go to uni. Call the clearing hotline on Monday and ask. Also ask if you would be able to apply for accommodation or if there would be any restrictions because of your age.

Thank you so much!
I'm good for accommodation though as I will be living at home!
Thanks, again.
Reply 3
It used to be that you had to be 18 or over to study nursing, not sure if this is still the case. As others have suggested, contact the uni and ask directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending