The Student Room Group

Scottish Universities?

Hello,

Im in limbo at the moment, i have decided very late in the academic year to apply for a teaching course. The only thing is the course i want to do seems to only be provided by Scottish universities and they're all full!

I am having to proceed through clearing, but i don't quite know how it works. My understanding is that i ring universities with vacancies and give them my clearing number!? The GTTR advised me to call those that are full, as people may drop out or decline offers. So ultimately i could perhaps go on a waiting list!? The university i just called were adamant that they wouldn't have spaces! Its not as if they saw my application and rejected, i couldn't even convince them to talk to me! How does clearing work in Scotland, same as the rest of UK i presumed?

Any advice of the difference between Scottish universities admissions and the rest would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
There is no difference, apart from Scottish Clearing vacancies are published earlier as Scottish results are published earlier.

The GTTR is giving general advice - sometimes unis will have a few spaces they don't advertise - but this obviously won't apply to them all. And there isn't actually any way of operating a "waiting list" within UCAS guidelines, so many unis won't do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending