The Student Room Group

Results Day: Check Track before collecting results?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by britash
Sorry, hope you don't mind me asking but where does the 300 UMS come from, is it :
Unit 1 out of 100 UMS, Unit 2 out of 100 UMS and the Isa out of 100 UMS?

I think its 100 for Unit 1, 140 for Unit 2 and 60 for ISA... Well that's what it was in AQA biology. :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by Bluewinds
I think its 100 for Unit 1, 140 for Unit 2 and 60 for ISA... Well that's what it was in AQA biology. :smile:

Okay. Thank-you very much :smile:
From what I've calculated, I need around 98 UMS on Unit 2. That's about a B I reckon, so fingers crossed I get that. I super messed it up!! :smile: x
Thank-you! x
Reply 182
Good Luck everyone. Good luck for getting into universities too.
Reply 183
Original post by britash
Okay. Thank-you very much :smile:
From what I've calculated, I need around 98 UMS on Unit 2. That's about a B I reckon, so fingers crossed I get that. I super messed it up!! :smile: x
Thank-you! x

You're welcome, good luck. :biggrin:
To be honest, I think I'm gonna look. If boundaries are high then I will be more prepared for failure! And vice versa :smile:
Aqa chem 5 grade boundaries best be low or im screwed.
Original post by OSharp
I might have to have a peak, especially at biology, hoping they are low.

Oh yes oh yes.

I seem to be the only one who thinks they should be fairly low!
Original post by Dont Tread On Me
I'm so glad i chose to do a BTEC and not have to go through the suspense of waiting.

You don't deserve all the negs for that. Bloody TSR intellectual snobs...
Original post by KatieSouter
I'm so nervous! Will definitely be checking grade boundaries, especially for GEOG3 on AQA

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I did geog3 last year, im pretty sure the grade boundaries are super low for that paper =]
Original post by buddhacoffee
Hi guys! :h:

Results Day is coming up soon, and I was just wondering how students are going to get the news about their university applications! That's to say, are you going to try and check Track first to find out if you've been successful or not (I mean, if it's working!), or do you feel better going into school and getting your actual results?

Personally, I have no idea! On the one hand I really want to know what my results are, how many UMS marks I got, and so on. Track seems a little too direct in the sense that you either have an 'unconditional' or have been 'unsuccessful'!
But on the other hand I think I'd feel better knowing the success or failure of my application in the privacy of my own home. Also, if Track is working at 8am like people say, that's one less hour spent in limbo! :biggrin:

Luckily for me, my school is open at 8am for us to collect our results but I still think I'll log onto track at 7am before the rush, just in case - tho I know it's probably futile as it won't be updated til 8am, but it's not like I'll be getting any sleep the night before anyway lol
Reply 190
Original post by the.cookie.monster
OCR Chemistry went alright, I won't say they were kind, but it was do-able
OCR Biology on the other hand....:angry: especially F212, that paper really ****ed me over, with its stupid suggest this and suggest that. Stop asking me to guess and test me on some of the crap you made me learn!

Couldn't agree more about F212...whenever I saw a 'suggest' question (so most of the paper) I had to do a virtual headslam on the desk. Although that poem cheered me up a bit, it was just so out of place that I found it quite funny xD
In marking for like chemistry and biology exams, statements (answers) to say 3+ mark questions that are wrong, are they ignored? And are no marks lost as long as the statement does not contradict any other points you make?

Just went through an exam thread and it all came flooding back, feeling worried :/
Reply 192
Is it just me or does anyone feel like bursting into tears imagining how you will react if you dont get into your firm. Im picturing the scene me awake at 6am sitting on the bed with my laptop infront of me logging onto my college portal and finding out that ive missed my firm, tears start falling from my eyes and my mouth turning into a frown i cant control and i start sobbing staring at my results, wanting to talk to someone but dont know who i should tell first. Ill probably go to college to meet my friends to congratulate and support them but inside i will be dying slowly.:cry:

The other scene in my head is me finding out i got into my firm getting dressed up (i have a new top im dying to wear)and heading out to college to meet my friends with a huge grin on my face :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:and talking non stop about how excited i am.....unless my friends dont get into their firms in which case ill let the happiness build up inside me whilst i console them.

ARRRRRGH IM GETTING SO NERVOUS!!! :cry2:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 193
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I looked at the boundaries on the day before A2 results day last year. It did nothing to calm my nerves - in fact it made me more nervous about it.

Yeah, I also remember making that mistake last year.
Reply 194
I don't even know when I should go collect my results. I go to the worst college. :lol:
Original post by hjradley1
This. Veey worried about that exam, went in confident, came out quite scared :frown:

If many did bad, do you think they will lower them?
Usually if you sit the exam in June, its the same boundaries, for instance, out of 150 it is 135 for an A*, 120 for an A, and then minus 15 for every lower grade.
exactly 7 days now!!!! So worried!!!!!
Original post by LaEstrella
I really do hope they are low.

Usually if you sit it in June, the grade boundaries are:

135/150 for an A*

120/150 for an A

and then minus 15 for every lower grade.
I have seen it change before :/
Reply 198
Original post by RastaMannn
Usually if you sit it in June, the grade boundaries are:

135/150 for an A*

120/150 for an A

and then minus 15 for every lower grade.
I have seen it change before :/

I think you're getting confused between UMS boundaries and raw mark boundaries. Raw mark boundaries change depending on the difficulty of the paper so for instance lets say there is an exam which is 100 raw marks, if it's a hard paper the grade boundary for an A (120 ums) would be 64/100 raw marks. If it's easier it would be 78/100 raw marks for an A (120 ums).
Reply 199
I'm definitely checking Track before I go into school to collect my results because I remember bursting into tears before I'd even opened my GCSE results. I'd like to avoid repeating that again, especially as I have absolutely NO idea how my exams went, though I'm willing to bet I didn't do well enough for my firm :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending