The Student Room Group

results day

just a small question, do i need to get my physical a level results papers from school before i go through clearing? im just trying to prepare myself for what i need to do in case i do need to go through clearing.
Reply 1
yes i think you should
Normally schools have access to your grades via UCAS. I'm not sure how things work with Clearing.
Original post by mygtrbl
just a small question, do i need to get my physical a level results papers from school before i go through clearing? im just trying to prepare myself for what i need to do in case i do need to go through clearing.

It's a good idea to get them in person if you can.
Not only will your teachers be there to help if you need it but you've got a physical copy if for some reason your results didn't get passed to UCAS by your exam boards (or UCAS were unable to match them to your application)
Original post by maggieli_qrious
Normally schools have access to your grades via UCAS. I'm not sure how things work with Clearing.

No they don't

Schools receive grades from the exam boards.
UCAS also receive grades from the exam boards and then match them to applications and send them through to your universities - but no student or teacher will ever have access to that information from UCAS or a university. The exam boards forbid it.
It's always best to get them in person!

When you're going through clearing, universities can only make a decision based on the information you give them.
If you're missing that information, or you can't remember every qualification you have, it can slow down the decision-making process, so we really recommend you have a paper copy!

-Ella
Graduate Advocate
Original post by PQ
No they don't

Schools receive grades from the exam boards.
UCAS also receive grades from the exam boards and then match them to applications and send them through to your universities - but no student or teacher will ever have access to that information from UCAS or a university. The exam boards forbid it.

When I mentioned "schools," I was referring to universities. I apologize for any confusion
Original post by mygtrbl

Hi there @mygtrbl, :smile:

I would recommend you do go in and get a physical copy of your results as this will help for a smoother process and you will be surrounded by people to give you support should you need it.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by mygtrbl

Hi there @mygtrbl - I hope you're doing okay!:h:

It's a nerve-racking time, we understand, but definitely having those physical results is the best option. You can refer back to these then if you go through Clearing and contact Universities - it's all on hand!:biggrin:

Any University will ask you for your results, what you've achieved (especially on results day), if you hold any offers or have already applied or been successful with an offer for a University, and about what course you would like to study. Having the physical copies on hand to send through to any Admissions teams for a Clearing offer (if one can be made) helps us to help you! And, as Ella said, allows clearing staff to support you as smoothly as possible!:flower2:

Definitely if you are worried about clearing check out the helpful FAQ threads on TSR! And remember on Results Day collecting your results in person will allow you to access support from your tutors on the day!
Best,

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending