The Student Room Group

Results Day: Check Track before collecting results?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Retro.spex
Ditto, my uni also said phoning up is a possibility so I think I'll just take my chances!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

There is a difference between being unsuccessful and missing your offer conditions (in which case you check track and in most cases it will either show as "unconditional" or still "unconditional" - and in which case you SHOULD call) and missing your offer conditions and seeing "unsuccessful"/rejected on Track.

If a university has actually processed a rejection and sent it to UCAS it is extermely difficult for them to reverse that decision (especially if you get confirmed by your insurance) - they don't do this unless there is little to no chance of them taking you on that or any other course.

IF you miss your grades then:

If Track says unsuccessful you *can* phone - but in almost all cases the answer will be a very firm NO and so it will be wasting your time.

If Track says Conditional then you SHOULD call - because there's then a very good chance that the anser will be yes or yes-if-you-switch-to-this-course

If Track says Unconditional then you SHOULDN'T call - because you're IN and should be out celebrating and leaving the phone lines clear.
Original post by PQ
IF you miss your grades then:

If Track says unsuccessful you *can* phone - but in almost all cases the answer will be a very firm NO and so it will be wasting your time.

If Track says Conditional then you SHOULD call - because there's then a very good chance that the anser will be yes or yes-if-you-switch-to-this-course

If Track says Unconditional then you SHOULDN'T call - because you're IN and should be out celebrating and leaving the phone lines clear.

Okay, thanks for this.
Reply 382
Our school is SO annoying - we don't get ours until 10am. That is just the time they told us, so it'll probably be later. The worst thing is, you can see the staff in there, and just waiting. It's really unfair. I think all schools should be legally obliged to open at the same time, so that people going through clearing have an even chance. I'll be trying to check track, and if it's bad, then I'm going to make a fuss until they give it to me!

I have also seriously contemplated breaking into school tomorrow!!! :biggrin:
Original post by SSingh93
Our school is SO annoying - we don't get ours until 10am. That is just the time they told us, so it'll probably be later. The worst thing is, you can see the staff in there, and just waiting. It's really unfair. I think all schools should be legally obliged to open at the same time, so that people going through clearing have an even chance. I'll be trying to check track, and if it's bad, then I'm going to make a fuss until they give it to me!

I have also seriously contemplated breaking into school tomorrow!!! :biggrin:

Couldn't agree more with you! I'm also contemplating breaking in! Haha :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'd rather cry at home than at college :rolleyes:
Reply 385
Good luck everyone! Definitely checking track before I go to school, couldn't bare seeing everyone so happy and me being disappointed if I didn't get in. Hope everyone gets what they want x
Reply 386
Original post by emmacymru
Good luck everyone! Definitely checking track before I go to school, couldn't bare seeing everyone so happy and me being disappointed if I didn't get in. Hope everyone gets what they want x

Just wondering.....Will the Email be sent to us as soon as TRACK updates or will they both happen at different times?
Original post by sanjj
Just wondering.....Will the Email be sent to us as soon as TRACK updates or will they both happen at different times?

Track will update - then UCAS will send out the first batch of emails.

Then neither will change/send until around midday (so no need to keep hitting refresh - get in, see what it says, get out, get your results, celebrate/get on the phone (see flowchart in my sig for which)).
Reply 388
Original post by PQ
Track will update - then UCAS will send out the first batch of emails.

Then neither will change/send until around midday (so no need to keep hitting refresh - get in, see what it says, get out, get your results, celebrate/get on the phone (see flowchart in my sig for which)).

So is there no need to bother checking track until you get the email off UCAS? or will there be a chance that Track will update and the email will be not be sent straight away
Reply 389
God I feel sorry for all you collecting A2 results tomorrow! I am collecting my AS results and I'm so frightened it is unbelievable. Hoping for a minimum of 1A and 2B's, otherwise applying for the universities I want to go to is pointless! Such a tense moment, I imagine it's much harder for people that their university places are dependent upon. Good Luck everyone :smile:
Original post by sanjj
So is there no need to bother checking track until you get the email off UCAS? or will there be a chance that Track will update and the email will be not be sent straight away

This is the first year that the email will be sent - it's sent AFTER track goes live - so if you want to find out ASAP then check Track once it's up (UCAS will announce on facebook and twitter when it's up - and I'm sure there'll be a thread on TSR too).

Bear in mind though that a good 1/3 - 1/2 of people wont have any change to their Track when it goes live - not every university makes a decision and sends it to UCAS in time for thursday morning. If Track hasn't changed then you wont get an email either. All you can do is collect your results and either celebrate or get on the phone (the flowchart in my sig says which to do)
D-Day tomorrow guys. I wish everyone the best of luck! :smile:
Got sleep. Checked Track. Got in. Good luck to everyone else!
Sooo glad I checked first! More time to celebrate!! :biggrin:
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Reply 394
Hi im applying for uni as an internastional student so i was wondering if international students get their acceptances after UK students or is Track just really busy??
When Track hasn't updated what does it mean...why would unis be late in getting their decisions in?

Confused and scared atm
Original post by Casshern1456
When Track hasn't updated what does it mean...why would unis be late in getting their decisions in?

Confused and scared atm

There are a few possible reasons why Track might not have updated for you yet. For example, It could be that the uni have not been able to match up your results to your application yet, or you may have missed your offer but the uni would like to speak to you before making a decision about whether to accept or reject you. And sometimes Unis are just plain slow at updating!

I'd suggest that once you have your results you give them a call to check the status of your offer. If you have met the conditions of your offer you can confirm this with them, and if you have missed your offer you can chat to them about whether they will still accept you.

Good Luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending