The Student Room Group

Boots interview questions and advice?

So i have got an interview at boots in oxford street and i am really nervous about several things. I wouldn't know how how to answer some questions such as: why do you want to work here, and what do you have to offer.
And reading on some people's things i feel kind of nervous about the whole finding a product and then explaining it to the manager or something.

To anyone that has done an interview with boots recently what did they ask you?

Need some help
Reply 1
Original post by Gorganite
So i have got an interview at boots in oxford street and i am really nervous about several things. I wouldn't know how how to answer some questions such as: why do you want to work here, and what do you have to offer.
And reading on some people's things i feel kind of nervous about the whole finding a product and then explaining it to the manager or something.

To anyone that has done an interview with boots recently what did they ask you?

Need some help

Hi, can I just ask how yours went? i have mine coming up soon. What questions did they ask!?

Thanks!
Original post by Casius
Hi, can I just ask how yours went? i have mine coming up soon. What questions did they ask!?

Thanks!

Hey :smile: The answers you're looking for are on this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2060212

Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by x-Saffire-x
Hey :smile: The answers you're looking for are on this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2060212

Good luck!

Thanks!
Reply 4
Hi guys,

Just did an interview for Boots yesterday and I felt it went really well. The man interviewing me was very welcoming and reassuring and all of the nerves and worries I had melted away.
First thing we did was to go to the Mens Hygiene section (because I'm male) and he gave me 10 minutes to study a product enough to sell it to a customer, which went well. This is where you REALLY have to control your nerves because otherwise you can't focus on the words or your sales pitch. I ended up having to attempt to sell mens shaving balm to a woman! Which went about as well as you'd expect.
The man then brought me to the interview room to ask me some questions.
PREPARATION IS KEY. Before your interview, you really need to nail down these things;

1) Why you want to join Boots.
2) What you think you'd bring to the role, your qualities etc.
3) A previous experience in where you've excelled in a working environment.
4) LEARN ABOUT THE BOOTS ADVANTAGE CARD SYSTEM. It REALLY helped me sound like I knew what I was talking about.
5) Learn how a shelf can/ should be presented. He will ask you how you would "improve" an aisle and do not be afraid to be a bit brutal here, my interviewer seemed to really like it when I had lots of ideas to offer.
6) Talk about Boots' "Legendary" (use this word, they love it) customer service. Also smile a lot, you want to give the impression that you are warm, welcoming and approachable.
7) Last but not least, come prepared. I had happened to bring a pen which my interviewer had needed and he seemed to appreciate that.

Don't worry, it'll be over in the blink of an eye! Thanks to help I found on this forum, mine went really well and I'm hoping to hear back from them soon!

- Derek.
Reply 5
I've got an interview with boots on Friday, so nervous! I'm applying to be a no7 advisor, has anybody got this job??
Reply 6
Hello
Can someone help me please I have an interview in boots Monday for a relief pharmacist, I am nervous. Can someone tell me what type of questions they will ask so I need to prepare my self thanks. 🙏
Reply 7
Original post by Sazan
Hello
Can someone help me please I have an interview in boots Monday for a relief pharmacist, I am nervous. Can someone tell me what type of questions they will ask so I need to prepare my self thanks. 🙏

Hey, so how did your interview go?
Reply 8
Hi - I'm prepping for the interview and found the site stand outy really useful for giving examples of how to answer:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending