The Student Room Group

Boots job application

Hi I have been applying for jobs but for some odd reason I don’t seem to be getting it. Is it because of my CV or the online assessment. Currently I’m applying for boots but I haven’t completed the online assessment as I don’t seem to do good on it as I’ve never herd back. Does anyone know how I can pass the online assessment and how to make my CV stand out please.

Thankyou for your help
(edited 9 months ago)
Write to the recruiter and ask for feedback. Say that you were really keen and are disappointed that you didn't make it through the assessment and could they give you some tips on areas where you could improve.
Original post by Akhannn124567
Hi I have been applying for jobs but for some odd reason I don’t seem to be getting it. Is it because of my CV or the online assessment. Currently I’m applying for boots but I haven’t completed the online assessment as I don’t seem to do good on it as I’ve never herd back. Does anyone know how I can pass the online assessment and how to make my CV stand out please.

Thankyou for your help

You have to read the questions over and over until you "think what one is most likely" and the other "most least" and the other questions you are putting a answer against how you would do.

Unfortunately you are the only person who can pass the online assessment. Nobody knows what questions will be asked as they usually change them around on each assessment the someone does.

You can still apply for Jobs with boots but not the ones you already applied for as you unable to do those ones until a year after you first applied.
Just make sure you don't apply for the same job reference numbers but the system should automatically tell you that you have already applied for this position.

You usually get some kind of assessment feedback at the end of completion which gives you a idea of what you have answered.

My best solutions for you is to write down the answers & questions when you do the next assessment for any other positions that may require you to do it otherwise the current assessment will be valid for upto a year usually.
Maybe tweak your online profile.

You will only get opportunity for a feedback from your interview only and not the assessment due to how they change around the questions for each other assessment that required.

You can plead all you want to the recruitment team but you won't do yourself any favours by doing this and they don't normally give you feedback from your assessment.

Employee of boots. Unfortunately I haven't done this system that they have in place now a as I did mine under the older system when you were able to walk in the store and ask for a application form and you also got a interview date and time but you had to hand in your application form before your interview so that they can go through it.

Original post by SomeonesDad
Write to the recruiter and ask for feedback. Say that you were really keen and are disappointed that you didn't make it through the assessment and could they give you some tips on areas where you could improve.
Reply 3
Thank you so much for you replies. I greatly appreciate it a lot. It’s not the most likely or least likely scenarios now it’s the what describes you best and I pick the ones that seem more like me but still don’t seem to get it. It’s so difficult sometimes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending