The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

William Morris- Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've not seen a single person take Chemistry and is staying in Bill Mo this year =[ *Doomed to be lonely*
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 21
Hi :smile:
I'm going to be in will morris

really random question: does bill mo have drying rooms or anything, don't really want to tumble dry mine all the time. Or do some take clothes rail dryers ? :smile: x
Reply 22
Original post by 1512becky
Hi :smile:
I'm going to be in will morris

really random question: does bill mo have drying rooms or anything, don't really want to tumble dry mine all the time. Or do some take clothes rail dryers ? :smile: x

Unfortunately there are just tumble dryers, no drying rooms so you'd probably need to take a clothes rail dryer, that's what I did :smile:
Reply 23
I'm studying going to be studying Chemical Engineering and staying at William Morris. Quite exited and nervous at the same time, it only hit me Thursday that I was actually going to be moving away. Nervous about freshers too, I can't handle my alcohol lol.
Reply 24
Original post by darkmerc
I'm studying going to be studying Chemical Engineering and staying at William Morris. Quite exited and nervous at the same time, it only hit me Thursday that I was actually going to be moving away. Nervous about freshers too, I can't handle my alcohol lol.

I'm in the same boat as you with the alcohol, but that's because I'm Asian =P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 25
as another Bill Mo fresher helper, i can honestly say you're in for the best 2 weeks of your life! I was sceptical about how good freshers was, with everyone saying its incredible, but it certainly lives up to expectation! and you are all extremely lucky to be in bill mo, and will get the best freshers experience!
Reply 26
is the bill mo subs just that one off payment of £80, as other halls have lower subs but are all charging for fresher tickets etc (bit confused aha) :smile: x
Random questions - what's in the room? Are there curtains? I'm in ensuite and I know we don't get our rooms cleaned, so is there a hoover? And do we need to bring irons?
Reply 28
Original post by Caliban's_Dream
Random questions - what's in the room? Are there curtains? I'm in ensuite and I know we don't get our rooms cleaned, so is there a hoover? And do we need to bring irons?

I was also a fresher in ensuite accommodation last year. Curtains are provided, as well as a Henry type hoover and an iron. In the room there's a 4ft bed with a mattress protector, desk, bookshelf and heater. I invested in a large clothes horse for the purpose of drying clothes.

Rooms aren't cleaned, but the powers that be check the kitchens every week to see if it's being kept in good condition. They also periodically check rooms as well, but do give notice when they do.
Reply 29
Original post by TiTo20
I wanted to pick Telford because (if I remember correctly) it was much closer to the Chemistry building than most accommodations =P

Bill Mo seems really far away, but I think I can survive =P

En suite room ftw! >=]

It really isn't far at all, you get used to the walk. It's about 15 minutes walk from Bill Mo to the Mech Eng department. Put it this way; I walked every day last year from town to Mech Eng and it was 30 minutes and it was fine!

On the plus side, you're literally about 1 minute away from the union, and about a 15 minute walk from town, so instead of being super close to one thing and being far from everything else, you're pretty close to everything.

People mention a lot of parties going on there, is that actually true? I'm not a huge partygoer and this has me kinda worried :|

Anyway, what course is everyone doing?

There is lots of stuff going on but there's no pressure to being going to those parties, especially after fresher's week. Fresher helpers may try and get you out in the first couple of weeks but after that the parties are only there if you want to go.
Chem eng fresher in Bill mo as well :smile:, I didn't get en-suite though and am trying to swap my halls, is it worth going en-suite in Bakewell if I get that option or staying in Bill Mo ? I've always had an en-suite at home :/
Original post by Deanthegnome
Chem eng fresher in Bill mo as well :smile:, I didn't get en-suite though and am trying to swap my halls, is it worth going en-suite in Bakewell if I get that option or staying in Bill Mo ? I've always had an en-suite at home :/

I stayed in both and much preferred en-suite personally. The kitchens felt much better also.
Reply 32
Original post by Deanthegnome

I stayed in ensuite and yes the accom is nice than standard. However I will still choose Bill Mo over Bakewell purely for its location in the uni. It's closer to town, much closer to the union and just off campus so it's more individual. The fact that I'm in Bill Mo hasn't made me biased at all :wink2:.
Original post by chisletts
as another Bill Mo fresher helper, i can honestly say you're in for the best 2 weeks of your life! I was sceptical about how good freshers was, with everyone saying its incredible, but it certainly lives up to expectation! and you are all extremely lucky to be in bill mo, and will get the best freshers experience!

Still not as good as Harry French.

Just sayin'
Sorry for bringing this up now but I wanted to know, exactly how far is BillMo from town?
Sorry for bringing this up now but I wanted to know, exactly how far is BillMo from town?

Like 10-15 mins depending on how fast you walk.
Reply 36
How is the phone coverage like at Bill Mo? I'm on 3 and I remember that some networks get crap to no coverage in rooms - is that the case with Bill Mo?

Original post by TiTo20
How is the phone coverage like at Bill Mo? I'm on 3 and I remember that some networks get crap to no coverage in rooms - is that the case with Bill Mo?

My coverage on O2 was pretty much perfect in both standard and ensuite, but thats for O2 not Three.
Reply 38
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
My coverage on O2 was pretty much perfect in both standard and ensuite, but thats for O2 not Three.

Hmm, ok. I only ask because I know that when I visit some of my friend's houses, I get no coverage with 3 inside their house, but outside it's fine. I might just get another Sim card even though I'm on a contract =S
Reply 39
Can anyone please tell me how many bathrooms are in the shared accommodation in William Morris?
Just in case I was with 6 others, would it be 2 bathrooms (3+4), 2 toilets and 1 shower or just 1 bathroom??
HELP!
Applying tomorrow!
REPLY ASAP PLEASE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending