The Student Room Group

Exeter Medical School Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Interview on the 17th of December at 10:30 :biggrin: So excited, BUT why do we have to turn up at 8:15 D: Have to stay there the night before!

Anyone else got an interview on this date?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by minhle20
I got an interview on the 10th.

UKCAT 722.5

Anyone else got an interview on the 10th?

I have an interview on the 10th! at 10 o'clock!

My UKAT was 730.

What time is yours?!
Reply 382
Original post by Nandos94
Interview on the 17th of December :biggrin: So excited, BUT why do we have to turn up at 8:15 D: Have to stay there the night before!

well i assume its the same reason we have to arrive early at plymouth as there basically the same admissions style. at plymouth we attend a short talk, then fill in a questionnaire and pick the an ethical topic for our interview out of 3 choices :smile: and to collect all our documents and stuff
Original post by joker12345
yeah, I was just thinking maybe they're doing people with AAA achieved first, and looking at resitters later, so hopefully we'll just get interviews later :smile:
when did you phone by the way?

an hour ago

and an hour before that lmao

i don't think your ps is even read tbh

it's A levels and then UKCAT.

lets hope atleast!
yeah, I was just thinking maybe they're doing people with AAA achieved first, and looking at resitters later, so hopefully we'll just get interviews later :smile:

I'm a re-sitter though, and I got my invite this morning :/ I think it's probably just a random order they're doing the invites.

an hour ago

and an hour before that lmao

i don't think your ps is even read tbh

it's A levels and then UKCAT.

lets hope atleast!

Original post by katiecornish
I'm a re-sitter though, and I got my invite this morning :/ I think it's probably just a random order they're doing the invites.

perhaps.

they are also still processing applications, so fingers crossed

well done on the invite! how did you receive it? a letter or on ucas
Original post by medicaldude

perhaps.

they are also still processing applications, so fingers crossed

well done on the invite! how did you receive it? a letter or on ucas

Thanks! I recieved an email... :smile:

Does anyone know when they start giving out offers?
(Getting slightly ahead of myself I know)
Thanks! I recieved an email... :smile:

Does anyone know when they start giving out offers?
(Getting slightly ahead of myself I know)

probably after december , as they only interview in december

don't think it would be TOO long after either
Original post by navarre
How's Plymouth as a city (I know it's Exeter but I have my interview next week!) Is PBL a good system of learning? Please tell me a bit about PBL.

Ask me in two years when I actually move there and i'll tell you all about it :tongue: Exeter is a very nice place though, bit wet at times.

PBL is great, I love it. We have 2 week case units which run from conception to old age, PBL groups set their questions at the start of the first week then a discuss what's been learned in 2 sessions in the second week. It allows you for develop questions as a group of 8 that can be answered in a way you want, it allows for discussion of different theories and ideas and really helps you retain the information. It also allows you to explore the human and social side of medicine, asking questions about patient contact, GMC regulations, various services etc. The one thing about PBL is YOU MUST WORK. You can't expect other people to do it for you, I spend about 4-5 hours a day doing my own work, working on PBL and recapping what I have learned so far. Anatomy is one of the aspects of this course which is a bit lacking so we try to include anatomy questions to answer. As long as you do the reading and work it is a great way to learn. PBL is only half the course though, early community placements and clinical skills are also great fun. People have already had the opportunity to take blood and do other procedures on their placements which is virtually unheard of in traditional med schools.
Reply 389
Original post by PeaceFreak
x

This guys. This.
Reply 390
interview on the 14th December! So happy!! last year I got no I interviews or offers so this is brilliant. Anyone else on the same day?
well done to all the people who got interviews! who seem to be those with achieved grades(?) :redface:
i also just wanted to ask anyone with a low-ish ukcat what your VR subsection score was, i'm just curious and wondering if i'll be able to pass the cut-off for that section, i would appreciate it if anyone doesn't mind answering. :smile:
Reply 392
**** YES!!! Just got invited for an interview on the 10th of december at 17:00 (its weird though, seeing you guys got it much later, and you got invited today...also I live in italy xD).

So happy:biggrin:. As im probably get asked, my UKCAT is 737.5, and I do the European Baccalaureate (no achieved grades).

Anyone else got it on that day? I'll be there on the 9th probably, cos i got to fly, and then take the train.
Reply 393
I have an interview on the 10th! at 10 o'clock!

My UKAT was 730.

What time is yours?!

My interview is at 11.45
Original post by medicaldude
probably after december , as they only interview in december

don't think it would be TOO long after either

Fingers crossed for Janurary-time then. I had my Newcastle interview yesterday, won't find out about that one until March! :gasp:
Reply 395
Original post by PeaceFreak
Ask me in two years when I actually move there and i'll tell you all about it :tongue: Exeter is a very nice place though, bit wet at times.

PBL is great, I love it. We have 2 week case units which run from conception to old age, PBL groups set their questions at the start of the first week then a discuss what's been learned in 2 sessions in the second week. It allows you for develop questions as a group of 8 that can be answered in a way you want, it allows for discussion of different theories and ideas and really helps you retain the information. It also allows you to explore the human and social side of medicine, asking questions about patient contact, GMC regulations, various services etc. The one thing about PBL is YOU MUST WORK. You can't expect other people to do it for you, I spend about 4-5 hours a day doing my own work, working on PBL and recapping what I have learned so far. Anatomy is one of the aspects of this course which is a bit lacking so we try to include anatomy questions to answer. As long as you do the reading and work it is a great way to learn. PBL is only half the course though, early community placements and clinical skills are also great fun. People have already had the opportunity to take blood and do other procedures on their placements which is virtually unheard of in traditional med schools.

Awesome! How about lectures/seminars? Do you get your fair share of those, and when you do, are they good?
god its so depressing when everyone gets an interview but you :frown:
Original post by bssjonny

they are still processing applications. looking at your stats , they are just immense
Reply 398
Original post by bssjonny

You aren't alone :-(

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 399
Just got an interview on the 12th!!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending