The Student Room Group

Official: University of Exeter A100 Applicant and Offer Holder thread 2023 Entry

Welcome to the University of Exeter A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

Previous threads
2022 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7079632
2021 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560662
2020 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022506

For general information click: https://medicine.exeter.ac.uk/study/ug/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/medicine/medicine/#entry-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I got 3020 band 2 in my UCAT but am only predicted 3 As at A level, what are the chances of me getting an interview?
Reply 2
Original post by BH8848
Hi, I got 3020 band 2 in my UCAT but am only predicted 3 As at A level, what are the chances of me getting an interview?

You score 78 on their scoring metric. 100 was needed last year for an interview
I have A*A*A predictions, and 2660 ucat band 2- do you know what the chances of me getting an interview is with their scoring method
Reply 4
Original post by arthurbracken
I have A*A*A predictions, and 2660 ucat band 2- do you know what the chances of me getting an interview is with their scoring method

Slim. I have not seen anyone non-contextual interview with less than A*A*A* for years
Hi I got predicted 3A*s but I only got 2740 band-1 for my ucat what are the chances of an interview and offer? 😬
Hello
What was last year minimum pre interview score for contextual applicants and for non contextual applicants?
Reply 7
Original post by Laurita 9
Hello
What was last year minimum pre interview score for contextual applicants and for non contextual applicants?

100, and a UCAT of 2790 for contextuals and I think about 2850 for non-contextuals
Original post by GANFYD
100, and a UCAT of 2790 for contextuals and I think about 2850 for non-contextuals

Was last year admission process different from this year's? I saw their 2023 admission process and there was a table with what predicted garde you have vs your ucat score. Is it the same? Because that would mean that only people that are predicted 3A* and a ucat score in the 9th decile made it to interview.
I'm not sure anymore.
Reply 9
Original post by Laurita 9
Was last year admission process different from this year's? I saw their 2023 admission process and there was a table with what predicted garde you have vs your ucat score. Is it the same? Because that would mean that only people that are predicted 3A* and a ucat score in the 9th decile made it to interview.
I'm not sure anymore.

No, it is the same this year, and yes, that is what was needed.
However, they did interview fewer people last year due to having messed up the numbers the year before and having a lot of enforced deferrals, so if they go back to interviewing a more normal number this year it should drop a little bit, but whether it will get to less than 100 points is difficult to say
Original post by GANFYD
However, they did interview fewer people last year due to having messed up the numbers the year before and having a lot of enforced deferrals, so if they go back to interviewing a more normal number this year it should drop a little bit, but whether it will get to less than 100 points is difficult to say

Thank you, Exeter might not be a good choice for me then
Original post by GANFYD

I looked at the tables for contextual offer for the amount of points provided for the 2022 and 2023 entry. It seems like there's a lot less 100 points for contextual offers this year. Do you think this will make a difference in the amount of points required for interview this year?
Original post by alwin321
I looked at the tables for contextual offer for the amount of points provided for the 2022 and 2023 entry. It seems like there's a lot less 100 points for contextual offers this year. Do you think this will make a difference in the amount of points required for interview this year?

Quite possibly
Original post by GANFYD
You score 78 on their scoring metric. 100 was needed last year for an interview

How do you work out what you have scored? I can't find their scoring metric
Original post by almondsnow369
How do you work out what you have scored? I can't find their scoring metric

They have like a pdf explaining how their scoring system works. Maybe try searching 'How does Exeter score their medicine applicants?'. Sadly I don't have the document downloaded on my phone.
They have like a pdf explaining how their scoring system works. Maybe try searching 'How does Exeter score their medicine applicants?'. Sadly I don't have the document downloaded on my phone.

I have seen it and it says that 9th decile and A*A*A* is 100, so does that mean that last year you had to get those stats for an interview?
I just would like to know is it worthwhile me applying I got 2860 Band 1 and have achieved A*AB (biology, chemistry, spanish) and I am completing maths this year, in which I'm predicted A*
(edited 1 year ago)
I have seen it and it says that 9th decile and A*A*A* is 100, so does that mean that last year you had to get those stats for an interview?
I just would like to know is it worthwhile me applying I got 2860 Band 1 and have achieved A*AB (biology, chemistry, spanish) and I am completing maths this year, in which I'm predicted A*

I'm gonna say you have no chance, unless you are eligible to meet their contextual/widening participation criteria, but you're better off asking @GANFYD
I'm gonna say you have no chance, unless you are eligible to meet their contextual/widening participation criteria, but you're better off asking @GANFYD

Why do you think so? I'm a bit confused by their process for selection
Why do you think so? I'm a bit confused by their process for selection

Well by looking at previous year's thread, non-contextual applicants had to get 100 points for an interview.
Well by looking at previous year's thread, non-contextual applicants had to get 100 points for an interview.

Ah okay, I wonder what the exact increase is for achieved grades then maybe it would bring me up to 100 😥

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending