The Student Room Group

Exeter Medical School Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Xylem
My interview is tomorrow and for some reason I can't read anywhere that you need to bring along your certificates for GCSE/ALevel.... I'm guessing you need to right..?

I have had my interview and they didn't ask for certificates when I went...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 781
I can't believe I was so close to applying to Plymouth as well! I would have been rejected from both :redface:

I have had my interview and they didn't ask for certificates when I went...

Posted from TSR Mobile

same and yeah all you needed were your 3 forms of ID for the CRB and some photo ID too (which was probably or CRB also) Though I only brought 2 forms and they said it wasnt really an issue...
I had my interview today and thought it went okay (famous last words ;D )
I think it's 478 interviews (can't remember if this is before Christmas or overall) for 200-250 offers
I have mine on Wednesday. I was feeling ok about it, but this week the nerves just hit me!
Reply 785
Original post by mystery_e
I have mine on Wednesday. I was feeling ok about it, but this week the nerves just hit me!

It will be fine. Probably the nicest interviewers in the UK.
Reply 786
my interview last week was absolutely fine. I was expecting them to question my answers and try and make me stressed but all they do is ask you the questions, it felt very relaxed and they were very pleasant
Reply 787
Original post by itsaboy
It will be fine. Probably the nicest interviewers in the UK.

So true!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
On my way to Exeter now for my interview hope it goes well as I really want to go to Exeter !!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi everyone - I see at page 40 I'm already late to the party...

I have an interview tomorrow at Exeter. Very nervous because this is my first and it's for the college that I most want to attend.

Being a mature student I am a GAMSAT entrant as I already have a Bsc in Physics and a Masters in creative writing (from Exeter ironically).

Even after reading a lot of the thread, I am not quite sure what to expect... Just hoping I will get across the sheer determination that I have to succeed at this, I prepared for and took the GAMSAT under very difficult circumstances.

Anyway good luck to everyone.
Original post by rejennyrated
Hi everyone - I see at page 40 I'm already late to the party...

I have an interview tomorrow at Exeter. Very nervous because this is my first and it's for the college that I most want to attend.

Being a mature student I am a GAMSAT entrant as I already have a Bsc in Physics and a Masters in creative writing (from Exeter ironically).

Even after reading a lot of the thread, I am not quite sure what to expect... Just hoping I will get across the sheer determination that I have to succeed at this, I prepared for and took the GAMSAT under very difficult circumstances.

Anyway good luck to everyone.

I am also a grad applicant, I have a Bsc Biomed, and currently doing a masters degree! I'll probably see you tomorrow. Good luck!
Original post by mystery_e
I am also a grad applicant, I have a Bsc Biomed, and currently doing a masters degree! I'll probably see you tomorrow. Good luck!

I also have my interview tomorrow and I am a grad student as well - Experimental Psychology BSc from Bristol ... perhaps it's the grad interviews tomorrow? Does anyone know if they have a specific quota of graduate applicants that they let in, in the same way that they have international student places?

The GAMSAT was horrid!
Reply 792
Just had my interview... Think it went okay although I think I chose the hardest scenario haha! Got prompted a few times, is that horrifically bad?
Reply 793
Original post by Xylem
Just had my interview... Think it went okay although I think I chose the hardest scenario haha! Got prompted a few times, is that horrifically bad?

Well they ask everyone the exact same questions so those prompts will be scripted?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Quite annoyed with interview yesterday. Looking back i could have answered the questions with ease. I think it's fair to say that the pressure got to me.
Reply 795
Had my interview today at Exeter. I think it went good. Much better than the one I had at plymouth as I improved and learnt from my mistakes. Hoping for good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littleeggy
I also have my interview tomorrow and I am a grad student as well - Experimental Psychology BSc from Bristol ... perhaps it's the grad interviews tomorrow? Does anyone know if they have a specific quota of graduate applicants that they let in, in the same way that they have international student places?

The GAMSAT was horrid!

Yes I think it may well be grads tomorrow.

I would hope they don't have quota's as that would seem to run contrary to the idea of making offers to the strongest candidates irrespective of other considerations. Also not making an offer to a really good graduate (who will inevitably be older than a non grad) could, at least in theory, probably contravene the principles of the equalities act! So my guess is that they will weigh people against a pre-determined set of criteria which are equally applicable to both grads and non grads. Things like desirable personal attributes.

The GAMSAT was tough particularly the science paper, but as we all evidently made the cut I'm certainly not complaining.

On a different note anyone got any suggestions as to how formal to go with dress tomorrow - options are full Suit, smart jacket and trousers, Or smart casual.

I'm kind of assuming option one or two - but which one?
Original post by wood.
I haven't heard anything either way but I'm guessing from joker12345's post that all the interviews have already been given out. If I'm going to get a rejection I wish I could get it over and done with! Is anyone else in this situation?

If you have hotmail then my email went into my junk folder :smile:

Also, joker12345, I got the same email: "We make a holistic assessment of every student’s application and while I can’t discuss the specifics of other students’ applications, it is possible for students to be shortlisted with lower UKCAT scores. The threshold of UKCAT scores may vary depending on a number of factors including whether qualifications were already achieved or still pending, and also on the performance of the school you are applying from (further information about how we assess school performance is in our admissions policy). I’m afraid I’m not able to give our specific cut-off measures used.
We only have capacity to interview a finite number of students and working through our complex selection processes means we will inevitably disappoint many very talented applicants. I have confirmed that your application was dealt with entirely in line with our selection procedures.
Please accept my very best wishes for the future.
Gareth Carey-Jones
Admissions Officer (Home & EU) "
Reply 798
Anyone know when exeter get back to us post interview?
Original post by idb
Anyone know when exeter get back to us post interview?

They said they can get back to us by March at the latest, but people can get decisions from the end of January.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending