The Student Room Group

Exeter Medical School Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dolphina8
Congrats....what time was it on the email?

I got the UCAS track email at 17:05
Reply 981
Original post by Nandos94
I got the UCAS track email at 17:05

I got an offer today from Exeter at 5.05 pm!

Don't lose hope for those who have not heard - my interview was TERRIBLE~

Good luck!:biggrin:
Got an offer! :biggrin: I am absolutely elated!!!

I happened to check UCAS track at 5.01 and saw 'conditional'. then got the email through 10 minutes later. Check UCAS track even if you don't have an email!
Congratulations!
Did any of you lucky offer-holders have an interview on the 14th December, by any chance?
Reply 984
Original post by CopoDeNieve
Congratulations!
Did any of you lucky offer-holders have an interview on the 14th December, by any chance?

I had mine on the 10th - I think the order is generally random so don't lose hope!
Congratulations!

I haven't received an offer but I did have an interview on the 14th. Were you the morning or afternoon cohort? Looking at the Medicine stalking page there seems to be no relation between interview date and date of getting an offer so I think it's pretty random.

And btw, congrats to everyone who's gotten an offer so far!
Original post by MrsDexterMorgan
I haven't received an offer but I did have an interview on the 14th. Were you the morning or afternoon cohort? Looking at the Medicine stalking page there seems to be no relation between interview date and date of getting an offer so I think it's pretty random.

And btw, congrats to everyone who's gotten an offer so far!

I was in the morning cohort. It rained terribly on the day!
I noticed that a proportion of people interviewed on the 17th and 18th December got offers. In all honesty, I am probably grasping at straws here (must be the nerves!).
Best of luck to anyone awaiting news!
Reply 987
Offer!! happiest day of my life!!!!
I noticed that a proportion of people interviewed on the 17th and 18th December got offers. In all honesty, I am probably grasping at straws here (must be the nerves!).

I was the morning too! :smile:
I'm really anxious as well - can't believe they started giving out offers on friday; I had the whole weekend to drive myself insane and now it continues. Good luck!
Reply 989

That may because all the people as far as I know that were interviewed on the 18th when I was were re-applicants so it might have be easier to make a decision on us because we already have the grades I think the rest of you will know by the end of the week if you look at last years thread there was a series of days of evening offers and rejections all on one day then letters for those on hold Good luck to all of you waiting :biggrin: yo uwill find out the balls only just started rolling
Congrats people, look forwards to forcing copious amounts of alcohol down you next year!

(Also anybody got any questions about the med school?)
Reply 991
I got an offer at 5:05pm today!! :smile:
I am a reapplicant who had his interview on the 18th December. After all the offers on friday I was stating to panic a little. I reckon they probably got halfway through sending out the information to UCAS and then their internet broke. :tongue:

Congrats to everyone with offers and chin up to everyone who doesn't
Reply 992
Got my offer today, had my interview on the morning of December 14th, and im a reapplicant. Was really expecting a rejection because of all the speculation about giving offers out on one day, but am over the moon after 4 rejections without interview last year!! Good luck to the rest of you
Reply 993
Original post by PeaceFreak
Congrats people, look forwards to forcing copious amounts of alcohol down you next year!

How are you finding the work load ? is it easy to keep up with everything ? how many exams are there in the first year? what is your time table like hours of lectures seminars and pbl sessions per week ? Also how is the social side is it easy to interact with none-medics? is being on a separate campus insulating ? How is Exeter as a City is there a good night life? are there good societies and extra-curricular activities ? how is the accommodation ?

sorry for all the questions just need to know as I have a few decisions to make:colondollar:
Reply 994
i really hope they havent given out all the offers... i still havent had my interview!! do you think i should call them? anyone else having an interview in february. also (if im allowed to ask) for those who have had offers firstly WELL DONE amazing but just wondering whats the interview like. is there anything in particular i should be doing? how much did you all prepare because i really have done nothing so far as my dad tragically passed away 3 weeks ago (which is why my interview was rescheduled) and i havent really had time to look over notes etc. thank you all so much and once again CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got offers and those who havent im sure they will come through soon or from else where! x
Reply 995
Got an offer! I didn't get an email from Exeter, just one from Ucas saying something on my track had changed, went onto track and there it was! Was this the same for everyone else?
Reply 996
Original post by aggie30
How are you finding the work load ? is it easy to keep up with everything ? how many exams are there in the first year? what is your time table like hours of lectures seminars and pbl sessions per week ? Also how is the social side is it easy to interact with none-medics? is being on a separate campus insulating ? How is Exeter as a City is there a good night life? are there good societies and extra-curricular activities ? how is the accommodation ?

sorry for all the questions just need to know as I have a few decisions to make:colondollar:

You sit pretty much the same exams as every other year, which at times can be infuriating and at others help you feel like you might actually be a doctor one day.

Its something like

4 Multiple choice AMKs
1 EOY for 1st years (so you dont need to pass the AMKs)
2 Portfolio analysis with an essay (you need to pass 1)
3 Student selected units (your supposed to pass the two summative ones)
Professionalism judgement (no idea what happens if you fail these)

I've attached a normal timetable below.

Timetable week 1.png

Timetable week 2.png

that's pretty much the kind of thing you'll get for the 20 weeks when your doing case units. the other however many are filled with other stuff.

so its a 2 week rota. basically it doesn't seem like that much but when you add in the fact that there are always extra lectures to attend either from the Surgical soc or PUMS, plus self directed learning time, it will fill up pretty quick.

Being on a separate campus can be a bit of a pain, but if you make the effort there is no reason you cant make friends, if you put the effort in. A few people live on main campus too. if you join a society youll meet new people as well.

Nightlife in Exeter is OK, the clubs aren't cheap but you get used to doing things and organised events are always a right laugh. If your looking for a quieter night out then Exeter is really good and there's loads of places to go.
at the end of the day if you go out with a group of mates you'll enjoy it whatever, even if you just end up playing beer pong for a few hours and playing video games. Id say I go out 3 maybe four times a week on average and can normally go out on less than £10 if i put my mind to it. you get quite a lot of discounts aswell :smile:

Accommodation is like anywhere pretty much, more expensive than it should be but all universities like to charge exorbitant amounts.

PS congrats everyone who got offers. those who haven't yet don't worry its still really early days and I remember how terrified I was last year :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 997
Original post by OSharp
From what i've seen he mainly handles the workload from the bottom of a bottle of cheap cider, or doubled over a toilet :biggrin:

You sit pretty much the same exams as every other year, which at times can be infuriating and at others help you feel like you might actually be a doctor one day.

Its something like

4 Multiple choice AMKs
1 EOY for 1st years (so you dont need to pass the AMKs)
2 Portfolio analysis with an essay (you need to pass 1)
3 Student selected units (your supposed to pass the two summative ones)
Professionalism judgement (no idea what happens if you fail these)

Timetable week 1.png

Timetable week 2.png

that's pretty much the kind of thing you'll get for the 20 weeks when your doing case units. the other however many are filled with other stuff.

so its a 2 week rota. basically it doesn't seem like that much but when you add in the fact that there are always extra lectures to attend either from the Surgical soc or PUMS, plus self directed learning time, it will fill up pretty quick.

Being on a separate campus can be a bit of a pain, but if you make the effort there is no reason you cant make friends, if you put the effort in. A few people live on main campus too. if you join a society youll meet new people as well.

Nightlife in Exeter is OK, the clubs aren't cheap but you get used to doing things and organised events are always a right laugh. If your looking for a quieter night out then Exeter is really good and there's loads of places to go.
at the end of the day if you go out with a group of mates you'll enjoy it whatever, even if you just end up playing beer pong for a few hours and playing video games. Id say I go out 3 maybe four times a week on average and can normally go out on less than £10 if i put my mind to it. you get quite a lot of discounts aswell :smile:

Accommodation is like anywhere pretty much, more expensive than it should be but all universities like to charge exorbitant amounts.

PS congrats everyone who got offers. those who haven't yet don't worry its still really early days and I remember how terrified I was last year :smile:

Thanks for the info
Reply 998
Original post by PeaceFreak

^ This guy will ruin you (he ruins himself lolol) Congrats everyone, don't lose hope if youre still waiting!
Original post by OSharp

Timetable week 1.png

Timetable week 2.png

Wow, so do you have no lectures at all except for plenaries?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending