The Student Room Group

Exeter Medical School Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harrydo
Good luck to everyone! :biggrin:

Also, has anyone applied for student finance yet? Should we only do that after we have fulfilled the offer?

I'm quite confused because on student finance, the Exeter course comes up as "MEDICINE YR 1 ONLY"
while it just says "MEDICINE" for the other universities. What does this mean? Thx!!!:tongue:

Hi, I applied too and it also said Meicine 1 year only for Exeter. I think it's because It's just specifying that you are only applying to student finance for your first year and you have to reapply every year. I'm not sure why it doesn't say that for your other offers though. I'm sure it doesn't matter but if you are worried, perhaps call student finance? I called them yesterday and the lady I spoke to was really friendly and helpful.
Reply 1181
I emailed admissions about a offer visit day and this is what they said:

Thank you for your email which has been forwarded to me by the Admissions Team. The Medical School does not take part in Offer-Holder Visit Days as they operate an interview process, however you are welcome to visit the University at any time. We run regular guided campus tours during term time (on Tuesdays and Fridays at St Luke’s campus). If this is of interest you can book places using the on-line reservation system. Alternatively, if the guided tours are full or if you prefer, you can take a self-guided tour at your convenience and there is a podcast and leaflet available to download from the website to assist you. For more information about the tours please use the following link:-

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/visiting/tours/

The guided campus tours give you an opportunity to view an example of accommodation and give an overview of the site, they do not include specific departments. Depending on staff commitments etc it is sometimes possible to arrange a visit to a particular department to obtain further information about a course of study or view facilities. If you would like to visit the Medical School while you are here, I would recommend that you contact them prior to your arrival in order that they have the opportunity to arrange to meet with you. The contact details are as follows:-

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 01392 722929

I hope this information enables you to plan a visit to the University. If we can provide any further details at this stage, please let us know.

So there it is I also found a link to the Exeter medsoc page and I've been having a look though it and loving the sound of going to exter more and more heres the link:

http://exetermedsoc.weebly.com/index.html
Phoned up Exeter asking them why they had forgotten me yesterday and they said they would get back to me....

Just received the offer!!!!! :biggrin:

Worth the wait! :biggrin:
Well done! Thats so good... But what do you mean they forgot you!? When did you have your interview.

Congratulations again though! Is exeter your first choice?
Original post by ...myname
Well done! Thats so good... But what do you mean they forgot you!? When did you have your interview.
Congratulations again though! Is exeter your first choice?

Thank you! :biggrin:

My interview was 7/12/12, and everybody interviewed in december was supposed to have found out by last week, so when i phoned them up they were like 'what does your track say', i say 'nothing' they're like 'oh'....haha :tongue:

Yes!!!! I loved it so much i did the 3 hour journey there 3 times :colondollar: haha!
Reply 1185
Original post by jess_m94
Phoned up Exeter asking them why they had forgotten me yesterday and they said they would get back to me....

Well done see I told you to call up what a silly mistake to make so are you going to firm the offer ?:smile:
Original post by aggie30
Well done see I told you to call up what a silly mistake to make so are you going to firm the offer ?:smile:

Yes haha!!! And not yet, waiting to see what newcastle say first before i can make any decisions!
Thank you! :biggrin:

My interview was 7/12/12, and everybody interviewed in december was supposed to have found out by last week, so when i phoned them up they were like 'what does your track say', i say 'nothing' they're like 'oh'....haha :tongue:

Yes!!!! I loved it so much i did the 3 hour journey there 3 times :colondollar: haha!

Will it be your first choice do you think?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bssjonny
Will it be your first choice do you think?

Atm it is, but i want to take the time to make a pros and cons list before i decide :smile:
Atm it is, but i want to take the time to make a pros and cons list before i decide :smile:

Very sensible.
I would have probably just flipped a coin. :wink:
Ah i so happy i got an offer for med skl its such a good feeling :biggrin: Exeter is my first choice
Reply 1191
Original post by staytuff
Good luck to all of you taking the interviews today! See you there in 1hr 30 mins. Haha. :smile:

I had an interview today too ! :smile:
How did yours go?
Original post by deekonp
I had an interview today too ! :smile:
How did yours go?

How did it go and did you have 3 or 4 people ?
Reply 1193
I had 4. There were more questions then I expected there to be, but I thought it was pretty straightforward. Guess you can't really tell how you've done or if they liked you or not though...did you have one today as well? how did it go?
Original post by deekonp
I had 4. There were more questions then I expected there to be, but I thought it was pretty straightforward. Guess you can't really tell how you've done or if they liked you or not though...did you have one today as well? how did it go?

no i had one in December i already have an offer :smile:
Original post by bssjonny
Very sensible.
I would have probably just flipped a coin. :wink:

Hahaha it may actually come to that, i keep saying 'i love that uni...but what about blah in this uni' :tongue:
Reply 1196

were you put on deferred decision list or had you not heard anything after the interview? Congrats btw!
Original post by rdent18
were you put on deferred decision list or had you not heard anything after the interview? Congrats btw!

No, people on the deferred list wont hear for a few weeks now i think. They just didn't send me anything after my interview!

Thank you!!!! :smile:
[QUOTE="jess_m94;41376293"]Hahaha it may actually come to that, i keep saying 'i love that uni...but what about blah in this uni' :tongue:[/QU
OTE]

I really wish I shared that problem. :wink:
No, people on the deferred list wont hear for a few weeks now i think. They just didn't send me anything after my interview!

Thank you!!!! :smile:

they said mid February so I'm hoping end of next week which is the 15th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending