The Student Room Group

AS level Edexcel Maths missed an A by 8 ums -suggestion on what to remark?

hi,

i know someone who has missed an A in their AS Level Edexcel Maths by 8 ums. If anyone has any previous experience of a similar situation or any stories to share please do! any advice on what to get remarked would be very useful!

the modules done were Core 1, Core 2 and Mechanics 1.

also i can't seem to find a link to a ums converter for AS-level Edexcel Maths. if someone has managed to find one kindly send the link!

thank you!!
Reply 1
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
hi,

i know someone who has missed an A in their AS Level Edexcel Maths by 8 ums. If anyone has any previous experience of a similar situation or any stories to share please do! any advice on what to get remarked would be very useful!

the modules done were Core 1, Core 2 and Mechanics 1.

also i can't seem to find a link to a ums converter for AS-level Edexcel Maths. if someone has managed to find one kindly send the link!

thank you!!

what did they get in each unit? and I don't think a remark is the best option because I don't see how it will improve because maths doesn't have much room to make mistakes, it's either right or wrong. I would suggest to retake C1 and/or C2 because in comparison to C3 and C4 they are a walk in the park :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by JordanS94
what did they get in each unit? and I don't think a remark is the best option because I don't see how it will improve because maths doesn't have much room to make mistakes, it's either right or wrong. I would suggest to retake C1 and/or C2 because in comparison to C3 and C4 they are a walk in the park :smile:

hmm thanks for the advice :smile: i think a remark in Maths will be pointless too but he's set on trying his luck.

don't know the exact marks but he got above 90 in C1, late 60s in C2 and 72 in M1. sorry can't recall the exact marks.
Reply 3
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
hmm thanks for the advice :smile: i think a remark in Maths will be pointless too but he's set on trying his luck.

don't know the exact marks but he got above 90 in C1, late 60s in C2 and 72 in M1. sorry can't recall the exact marks.

M1 had quite a high grade boundary he probably just got below 80% overall so if he thinks he is good all round in the subject he could possible retake that to improve about 8-20 marks depending on the difficulty :smile:
C2 I would retake as insurance just in case he flops C4 or C3. A remark is going to cost him about £40? But if he retakes is only a couple quid more and possibly a much higher ums increase :smile:
Reply 4
He should resit C2 and M1.
Reply 5
Original post by JordanS94
M1 had quite a high grade boundary he probably just got below 80% overall so if he thinks he is good all round in the subject he could possible retake that to improve about 8-20 marks depending on the difficulty :smile:
C2 I would retake as insurance just in case he flops C4 or C3. A remark is going to cost him about £40? But if he retakes is only a couple quid more and possibly a much higher ums increase :smile:

thank you so much!! sensible advice!! will pass it on :smile:

Original post by a5a09
He should resit C2 and M1.

thank you for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest