The Student Room Group

The Italian Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

depressed milanista here
Apparently Milan sold less than 24k STs, the lowest figure of the Berlusconi era. Perfectly understandable, tbf, given the teams they've had over the last two decades or so. Pazzini was woeful yesterday, but hey, he's on less than Cassano so its all good. ....

Genoa v Juve has just started.
Reply 82
Juve 1 down at HT.
Reply 83
1-1. From one end to the other. Genoa should have scored, Juve go flying down the other end and Giaccherini scores a nice goal.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
1-1. From one end to the other. Genoa should have scored, Juve go flying down the other end and Giaccherini scores a nice goal.

Great finish, I was actually gonna post that Juventus are getting ripped to pieces before that counter attack goal.
Reply 85
Yikes. Roma 2-0 up, Bologna get it back to 2-2 and have now just made it 3-2.
Boring boring Serie A, eh? Roma seem to have come full circle, last season they were pretty solid at the back, now under Zeman they're very attack minded. Good win for Juve considering they rested players, good use of subs by Carrera to get the win. Their match against Chelsea should be interesting.

Palermo have sacked their manager, and replaced him with Gasperini.

Torino v Inter is on in a bit.
Cassano makes it 0-2 to Inter :smile:
Reply 88
Read somewhere that Palermo have had 15 managers in 5 years. Ridiculous.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Nice to see Napoli starting the season well. Mazzari is a brilliant coach and they've had a good transfer window. They've replaced Lavezzi well enough and added more depth in all areas.

Shame about Milan, can't see them getting CL football at all this season.
Apparently Allegri has to get a positive result against Udinese this weekend to save his job. Luckily for him it's away from home.

Donadoni, Costacurta are possible replacements. It'll have to be a Milanista, tbh.

AC Milan 0-0 Anderlecht: Milan hit the target with 4 out of 20 shots, & have failed to score from 60 shots in all comps at home this season
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 91
Apparently there are people calling for Pippo Inzaghi to replace him :awesome:

I'd have thought Mauro Tassotti would be in with a shout too.
Well, it'll be the cheapest option if they do oust Allegri.

Pippo would appease the fans somewhat. The club needs a boost, the fans need a boost.
Reply 93
Original post by Laertes
Apparently there are people calling for Pippo Inzaghi to replace him :awesome:

I'd have thought Mauro Tassotti would be in with a shout too.

After having taken charge of one academy match so far (I believe?) Much as I love Pippo, he'd be one hell of a sacrificial lamb to appease the milanisti. Tassotti's an interesting one, suspect Berlusconi/Galliani would want a bigger name though. I'm hearing Donadoni mentioned...
I really do see Juventus winning tonight.

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Lichtsteiner - Marchisio - Pirlo - Vidal - Asamoah
Vucinic - Giovinco
Reply 95
So wait, Berlusconi decides to sell Ibrahamovic, Silva for a massive chunks of money, taking away a crucial part of their success last season away from Allegri, and it's the latter know who has to face the consequences. Crazy! Can only happen in Italy! Allegri deserves time to rectify things in a newish and youthful team but Berlusconi will deflect the blame from himself to the coach.
So, quite an interesting weekend in Serie A. Both Milan teams lost, Juve continued their 100% start to the season and top the table while Roma's game with Cagliari was postponed due to safety concerns, with Roma being awarded a 3-0 win after Cagliari's president told fans to come to the stadium, despite the stadium being declared unsafe for fans.

Milan lost 2-1 away to Udinese, with Zapata and KPB being sent off. Allegri has been banned for their next game after abusing officials during that game. They face Cagliari next, at the San Siro on Wednesday.

Inter lost 2-0 at the San Siro to bottom club Siena. They play Chievo next, also on Wednesday.

Juve beat Chievo 2-0 at home, courtesy of a brace from Quagliarella. They play Fiorentina away tomorrow.

For more info visit this site.

[as usual, apologies for the double post]
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kevmeister
So, quite an interesting weekend in Serie A. Both Milan teams lost, Juve continued their 100% start to the season and top the table while Roma's game with Cagliari was postponed due to safety concerns, with Roma being awarded a 3-0 win after Cagliari's president told fans to come to the stadium, despite the stadium being declared unsafe for fans.

Milan lost 2-1 away to Udinese, with Zapata and KPB being sent off. Allegri has been banned for their next game after abusing officials during that game. They face Cagliari next, at the San Siro on Wednesday.

Inter lost 2-0 at the San Siro to bottom club Siena. They play Chievo next, also on Wednesday.

Juve beat Chievo 2-0 at home, courtesy of a brace from Quagliarella. They play Fiorentina away tomorrow.

For more info visit this site.

[as usual, apologies for the double post]

:hmmm:

Don't forget Napoli with 10 points out of 12 so far. Looking good for a CL spot if they can keep this form up.
Original post by CB91
:hmmm:

Don't forget Napoli with 10 points out of 12 so far. Looking good for a CL spot if they can keep this form up.

They play Lazio, who are third, tonight. If they win they join Juve on 13 points at the top. Need a 4 goal winning margin to go top outright.

Original post by TM94
That is very interesting.

Yeah, most interesting was that Juve, Inter and Milan weren't willing to spend £10m and intimated that they couldn't match the bid. The latter brought in circa £50m from sales, while Juve could do with someone to come in and play while they rest Pirlo. [re Verratti]

[I quoted you from the Euro thread, just my response is re Italian football]

Quick Reply

Latest