The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zander01
I don't see anything wrong with him attempting tricks what so ever. That's just the player he is. Would probably attempt the same thing if Barca were 2-0 down

He is that type of player, but as a former defender, I'd be incensed if some lad tried that on me. I'd definitely push him to the floor - at the very least!
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Munir was poor at the beginning of this season. Rafinha isn't a winger. Without Ney and Messi the only person capable of breaking defences down is Iniesta. It's difficult for 1 person to do it on their own (unless they are Messi). But Messi will play anyway. He doesn't rest. He might tire at the end of next season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rafinha played on the wing earlier on in the season and is capable of playing there(although he's a CM/CAM by trade)
Obviously they're not going to play there every match, but I'm basically saying vs the relegation fodder early on in the season it's better playing them while Neymar and Messi get to full fitness.
I'd have two footed Neymar
5th in Serie A to the Bernabeu. Somebody give me Rafa's agent's number.
Original post by Mackay
5th in Serie A to the Bernabeu. Somebody give me Rafa's agent's number.

Let's not forget Napoli had finished second under Walter Mazzari in his final season. I actually thought Rafa would keep them at that level but he's had vast spending and they've dropped to fifth. Amazed that he's got quite good levels of goodwill from the President and fans.
Original post by Aky786UK
Let's not forget Napoli had finished second under Walter Mazzari in his final season. I actually thought Rafa would keep them at that level but he's had vast spending and they've dropped to fifth. Amazed that he's got quite good levels of goodwill from the President and fans.

Yeah essentially this.

Although tbf to Rafa they lost their best talisman for a long time. Higuain does get rid of that load as well as Mertens, while Hamsik is a quality player so no excuse there.

I don't get how they can under perform like they have done this season.
Original post by Aky786UK

Vast spending? What, 17m spend a season? VAST SPENDING? Juve are dropping 40m on Dybala alone...

If you ever watched a Napoli game, you'd realise how ****e a squad he received. Cavani was the best player in all of Italy; the season before he left, he'd scored 38 in 43 or something ridiculous like that. How on earth is Rafa supposed to replicate that?

Higuain is nothing compared to him. He missed a penalty tonight that would have taken them 3-2 up. He's bottled every big game this season apart from this, as well. Rafa honestly can't do **** when supposed senior players like Albiol **** up like they did tonight, and the dross ****s up like it always has. Previously good players like Maggio have aged and declined and it was always known that was going to be the case. Mazzari walked away for a reason, and for all his plaudits, he was sacked by Inter this season. Cavani much or nah

The fans love Rafa and De Laurentiis (notably volatile) has offered him the job for life. And that's for a reason, because he's doing a great job with a crumbling team.
Higuain didn't mess up against Wolfsburg? In fact he messed up Wolfsburg.

Reality is that Rafa underperformed this season, although his first season was nice and steady. He was never going to beat Juve but he definitely underperformed this year.

Working at Real is different to working at Napoli though, he'd be under less constraints anyway.
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
I'd have two footed Neymar
Alright Phil.
(edited 8 years ago)
Paul Clement leaves Madrid for Matlock. Interesting appointment for Derby.
One thing Benitez can say about his Napoli side is that they pull themselves back from losing positions. I think they've recaptured 17 points this season after initially going behind.

Higuain has had such a good season with 29 goals, but he's missed penalties and missed a sitter yesterday. Napoli's failings have come via their defence. You can't concede 54 goals and expect a CL finish. You can blame the sporting director and Rafa for that, because they failed to replace Reina adequately and Koulibaly has been a terrible buy.
Original post by Mackay
One thing Benitez can say about his Napoli side is that they pull themselves back from losing positions. I think they've recaptured 17 points this season after initially going behind.

Higuain has had such a good season with 29 goals, but he's missed penalties and missed a sitter yesterday. Napoli's failings have come via their defence. You can't concede 54 goals and expect a CL finish. You can blame the sporting director and Rafa for that, because they failed to replace Reina adequately and Koulibaly has been a terrible buy.

I don't get why they didn't just keep Morgan De Sanctis who was one of the best keepers in Italy in the first place instead of bringing in Reina on loan for a season.
Original post by jam277
I don't get why they didn't just keep Morgan De Sanctis who was one of the best keepers in Italy in the first place instead of bringing in Reina on loan for a season.

Agreed. He went to Roma for such a paltry sum, too.
He will be gone within 6 months. I might put a bet on for ancelotti to return as manager by January
He'll stay the season I think. Perez will most likely use him as short term, if he wins the league/CL or maybe the copa then he'll be given another season.
He'll undoubtedly stay the season imo. I can't see even Perez getting rid of him mid-campaign.
I can't believe we are on the verge of singing Montoya!
I can't believe we are on the verge of singing Montoya!

Are you?
Original post by Mackay
Are you?

loan with a view to permanent if Alves signs new contract
loan with a view to permanent if Alves signs new contract

Great if it materialises. Alves should be rewarded for his great form in the latter portion of the season. He was awesome in the semi-final and again against Bilbao.
Original post by Mackay
Great if it materialises. Alves should be rewarded for his great form in the latter portion of the season. He was awesome in the semi-final and again against Bilbao.

Always liked Alves although it's hard to deny he had a shocking world cup and has on occasions been poor concentration wise (+diving)

Latest