The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah Barca need to go gung ho this summer. Make a move for Kompany and Hummels, what a partnership that would be. Then sign Suarez to play up front with Messi. Midfield doesn't need improving.
Original post by jit987
Lets not get carried away now.... Just because they lost the tie against Bayern deservedly so, doesn't mean this season has been a failure. Won the league back from Madrid in Tito's first season where he has himself not been medically well. I would say a better season compared to that of Madrid's. Not easy winning the league against Madrid with such a confortable lead at the top and especially when last year everyone hyped this Madrid team to be one of the best.

We need to get some defenders. Hope the front three are consistently playing together. Don't think we have played our front three together for consistent games. Style they play may win La Liga but against Dortmunds and Munich it won't work. They will pick us apart. Until we have some sort of idea what style we want to play. We should be pressing and constantly moving but our players are like statues.

Original post by TheInvincibles14
Yeah Barca need to go gung ho this summer. Make a move for Kompany and Hummels, what a partnership that would be. Then sign Suarez to play up front with Messi. Midfield doesn't need improving.

Ahh damn Suarez now that is a striker i want not Neymar. Defense shore up. Off season spend at high altitudes to improve fitness and get back to that damn pressing game.
Original post by Malevolent
We need to get some defenders. Hope the front three are consistently playing together. Don't think we have played our front three together for consistent games. Style they play may win La Liga but against Dortmunds and Munich it won't work. They will pick us apart. Until we have some sort of idea what style we want to play. We should be pressing and constantly moving but our players are like statues.

Ahh damn Suarez now that is a striker i want not Neymar. Defense shore up. Off season spend at high altitudes to improve fitness and get back to that damn pressing game.

Only mentioned Suarez because you desperately need to take some off the goalscoring burden off Leo. It's shocking, absolutely shocking how much you rely on him for goals. Without him, it's as if your attack is completely lost. Neymar would be a really bad buy, I'm convinced he'd flop at Barca. Yeah the pressing under Guardiola was immense, compare that to today. Bayern are the new Barca tbh, will dominate Europe for the next two to three years.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Only mentioned Suarez because you desperately need to take some off the goalscoring burden off Leo. It's shocking, absolutely shocking how much you rely on him for goals. Without him, it's as if your attack is completely lost. Neymar would be a really bad buy, I'm convinced he'd flop at Barca. Yeah the pressing under Guardiola was immense, compare that to today. Bayern are the new Barca tbh, will dominate Europe for the next two to three years.

Newman will flop he's too much of a risk. Suarez I like he can play up wide and central. Don't want the crap he comes with though.

Players got Pissy about pressing and now they see how much they struggle. Pressing was a way of hiding the defensive frailties. With that gone its there for the world to see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1784
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/399868_612015958838624_1924686037_n.jpg

Just going to leave this here. Barca needs another world class striker or two. Judging by their performance, they may need to spend big in the summer. Barca are beautiful to watch whilst attacking, but when just passing the ball around prodding for an opening the football they play is boring. They seemed to play too cautiously instead of trying to attack.
Bayern used Barca's weapon against them today. Patience. Bayern were patient and waited for a good chance to intercept the ball and then immediately after regaining possession launched a counter attack, meanwhile everytime Barca lost the ball they would crowd around the Bayern players fouling them or opening space which Bayern then exploited.
Over the two legs, Bayern proved that Barca aren't invincible. It will be interesting to see what Barca do now.
Reply 1785
Original post by jit987
Lets not get carried away now.... Just because they lost the tie against Bayern deservedly so, doesn't mean this season has been a failure. Won the league back from Madrid in Tito's first season where he has himself not been medically well. I would say a better season compared to that of Madrid's. Not easy winning the league against Madrid with such a confortable lead at the top and especially when last year everyone hyped this Madrid team to be one of the best.

Would just like to say that it isn't very difficult to be in contention for a League title with the squad Barca have. They arguably sport some of the best players we have seen this generation peppered throughout their squad. Especially since there are only 4-5 other teams in La Liga who could prevent 3 points being taken. Tito's inherited a very very good team other managers would kill to have, and it would be interesting to see what changes he will make to bounce back from this drubbing.
Original post by jit987

What's interesting is drubbing aside the roles of madrid and barcelona have completely reversed from last season don't you think? Barcelona e.g. would get close to 100 points, madrid will get a copa del rey probably. How would you view the season if you matched the points record? Or it wouldn't be as special as the way madrid did it.
Original post by jam277
What's interesting is drubbing aside the roles of madrid and barcelona have completely reversed from last season don't you think? Barcelona e.g. would get close to 100 points, madrid will get a copa del rey probably. How would you view the season if you matched the points record? Or it wouldn't be as special as the way madrid did it.

I like our league performance this season bar that rather awful run of games where it was like 4 straight losses. But outside we have been woeful. As long though as we win the league and they have the Copa I'l be happy but I definitely want to see some progress next season.

None of this we don't need a centerback bull****, and find the teams playing style because right now i don't think there is one.
Original post by Zerforax
Probably due to Nadal's sheer athleticism, it did seem unreal at times in the past. Djokovic was number 3 in the world for ages, he stepped up his game around the same time as Nadal and Federer started to drop. The year he had that run was insane but otherwise it wasn't too surprising for me.

Tbfh, it's less likely to be an issue in tennis. It doesn't matter how much you get doped up if you don't have the skills with the racket?

Kind of a late response, but Djokovic is just as athletic as Nadal, if not more so. And whilst Djokovic was world number 3 for ages he never really threatened and went from that to 3 GS's and 70-6 record in a few months. Nadal has been winning Slams since he was 17 and had just come off his best ever year.

Original post by jam277
Spanish doctor, it involving spanish people probably. Although djokovic randomly becoming one of the best sports stars might make it suspicious. I don't get it if he's giving them hormones like EPO and steroids etc. they're easily identifyable by drug tests and they stay in the system for quite a long tiime. In reality they should have been caught with the substances if the FA's were anywhere near serious about it.

Personally I'm pretty sure that it involves barcelona, probably real madrid too if that's true. However saying that I saw that source where he said it could strip the spanish from the world cup and it was apparently quoted from marca.

You would think it involves Barca, being a Chelsea fan and all tbh. :colonhash:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CB91
Kind of a late response, but Djokovic is just as athletic as Nadal, if not more so. And whilst Djokovic was world number 3 for ages he never really threatened and went from that to 3 GS's and 70-6 record in a few months. Nadal has been winning Slams since he was 17 and had just come off his best ever year.

You would think it involves Barca, being a Chelsea fan and all tbh. :colonhash:

We got our revenge so the beef with barca has stopped.
Although united being made to run around for two games they'd probably say that it involves barca.
Only reason is because it involves footballers and apparently fuentes said that he could strip spain of the world cup(but was from marca tbf)
Original post by jam277
Spanish doctor, it involving spanish people probably. Although djokovic randomly becoming one of the best sports stars might make it suspicious. I don't get it if he's giving them hormones like EPO and steroids etc. they're easily identifyable by drug tests and they stay in the system for quite a long tiime. In reality they should have been caught with the substances if the FA's were anywhere near serious about it.

Personally I'm pretty sure that it involves barcelona, probably real madrid too if that's true. However saying that I saw that source where he said it could strip the spanish from the world cup and it was apparently quoted from marca.

Its incredibly easy to avoid testing positive for EPO in the testing system used by most sports that are scared of what they'd find. The money involved in football is too great for it to be completely clean. Given how much control players give over to their club with regards to health, they might well not even know about it.

Djokovic has remarked previously on how little he gets tested so he's either clean or extremely cocky, to be honest cycling is the only sport that actively tries to catch its cheats.
Really worrying for Malaga now. It seems all over for them now, players look like they've given and the owner has screwed them over. Granada have been all over them... hopefully it'll change after half time!
No you can have Xavi instead. Cesc,Iniesta and Busquets need to be the next midfield. Xavi if hes pressed is useless.

How our summer will look like.

"Hey our defense looks terrible. Mmm its a concern"

Buys Neymar, another striker and winger.

"that should do it"

Xavi isnt useless when pressed. You do realise he's been struggling with an achilles problem for months now right?

And we wont get Kompany. Hummels will do.
Original post by CB91
Xavi isnt useless when pressed. You do realise he's been struggling with an achilles problem for months now right?

Hasn't he had that achilles problem all his career? Maybe I'm being harsh but i really don't think he has offered anything for us lately. Don't mind if its Hummels or Kompany just as long as we actually buy a CB
Original post by CB91

Don't they patch him up whenever he's subbed off. Hummels won't leave unless it's a big offer. Do you see barca spending big or even selling anyone in the summer(bar david villa?)
Original post by jam277
Don't they patch him up whenever he's subbed off. Hummels won't leave unless it's a big offer. Do you see barca spending big or even selling anyone in the summer(bar david villa?)

I can see us spending big. I think Villa and Sanchez will go for sure.
Hasn't he had that achilles problem all his career? Maybe I'm being harsh but i really don't think he has offered anything for us lately. Don't mind if its Hummels or Kompany just as long as we actually buy a CB

No. And outside of the CL/El Classicos I dont think he's played a game in months.

You have to take into account he's been ridiculously overplayed since the start off 06-07, making 54, 54, 54, 52, 50, 51 and 44 club appearances in the seasons since then (normally into the business end of KO stages of cups aswell). Then you have to take into account he's played in the summers of 08/09/10/12 with Spain racking up 80 caps in that time. He's getting older now and cant handle it, no surprise he's burnt out.
Original post by jam277

He's basically playing through the pain for the big games these days, he needs a full summer of rest.

Maybe Sanchez, depends who we bring in tbh. The Barca side of me wants to see Suarez as he can play on the wing or upfront and would lessen the burden on Messi, but the Liverpool side of me wants him to stay.
Original post by CB91
He's basically playing through the pain for the big games these days, he needs a full summer of rest.

Maybe Sanchez, depends who we bring in tbh. The Barca side of me wants to see Suarez as he can play on the wing or upfront and would lessen the burden on Messi, but the Liverpool side of me wants him to stay.

Yeah suarez seems to be a guy who would fit barca. He has that messi balance at times when he's not biting people :teehee: but seriously suarez would be a man who barca need. Funny thing about bayern munich, the team in the 2010 final has pretty much changed the whole 11(bar robben, schweinstegger, lahm and muller as ribery was suspended) they pretty much evolved. I don't think barca need it bar for forward players and centre backs as the wing back and CM depth is still as good as anys.

Latest