The Student Room Group

What uni to pick?

Hello I am just going into my second year at college and as most of you know I have to be making choices on what university I would like to go to.

I have looked through many forums but nothing really answers what I need answering (probably because I haven't looked hard enough).

Could someone please spend some time answering me this:

What is the best University in the south of England for film production? I currently live in Southampton and I do not like the idea of moving so far away from home. So far the university that has been standing out is Bournemouth but the Film production and cinematography course would be held up in Salisbury, this is no problem at all because it is only around 45 minutes away, but I am just worried that due to it being carried out in a college the quality of the course would be less. Another uni that I have thinking of going to is Southampton Solent. The only reason for this is because it is close and would mean that I could stay living at home (Not sure if this is a good thing) but I have not heard any good points about it.

Could someone please help me with this as I am stuck. Also could you point out other universities in the south of England and why they are good?

Thanks!!!!!! :smile:
Reply 1
im starting a different course at Southampton solent in september. but I have heard that they have quite a good reputation and facilities for film production courses.

That probably doesnt help you much. sorry
Reply 2
Original post by matt16293
im starting a different course at Southampton solent in september. but I have heard that they have quite a good reputation and facilities for film production courses.

That probably doesnt help you much. sorry

Anything is better than nothing :smile:
Reply 3
maybe falmouth art college/university? i looked there for photography and it is a great art uni. look on ucas though surely thats the best place to find out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending