The Student Room Group

Scholarship fee waiver - Confused?

Hello

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on this for me please?

Today I received a letter from my University (Chester) telling me that I met the requirements to receive a scholarship fee waiver. It went on to say I would have my fees reduced by the following amounts...

Yr4 £3000
Yr5 £500
Yr6 £500

Now obviously I am ecstatic to have my overal fees reduced by 4k BUT is what I don't 'get' is the years 4/5/6? Shouldn't it be years 1/2/3??

Anybody have any idea?
Hummm I don't know! The only thing i can think of is that they might take money off after you finish uni, so you pay them first? :s-smilie: you'll have to ring up and ask them!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by redmel1621
Hello

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on this for me please?

Today I received a letter from my University (Chester) telling me that I met the requirements to receive a scholarship fee waiver. It went on to say I would have my fees reduced by the following amounts...

Yr4 £3000
Yr5 £500
Yr6 £500

Now obviously I am ecstatic to have my overal fees reduced by 4k BUT is what I don't 'get' is the years 4/5/6? Shouldn't it be years 1/2/3??

Anybody have any idea?

Could you copy the full email in please (obviously excluding any identifying details, like your name)? It sounds like the vital info is in that bit of the email.

However, years 4/5/6 are for people doing language degrees, undergraduate masters, medicine, foundation years, vet med, and simply resitting a year.
Reply 3
Unfortunately it was a letter, not an email.

I have enrolled at University before, although I only competed the first term? I have also completed some part-time study with the open university, however Part time study isn't usually taken into consideration by anyone...Plus I completed 4 or 5 years of part time study so that doesn't really match up either?
I think this is just a generic letter sent out to everyone, no matter the length of their degree. What does it say about people on 3 year courses?
Reply 5
It was a very short letter.

Firstly saying I qualify (and the details, as my op)

Then said once I have registered in sept the discount will be applied.

Finally, it said they would contact slc themselves and I should not try to alter my application manually.

Thats is all.
I will phone them and hopefully get through to someone tomorrow?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending