The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

How sure are you about Brunel becoming part of the uni of London? Do you know if there is s pool/snooker society there lolz
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 21
feeling good
How sure are you about Brunel becoming part of the uni of London? Do you know if there is s pool/snooker society there lolz

They haven't decided on it yet. Its still in the negotiations stage. Currently, questionnaires are being sent around to past students asking them what they feel about the name change.
Hmm wasn't the same thing said about City university.
After looking at brunel and hearing a few view I definately believe this university is on the up and up.
Reply 24
Magus
Word on the street is that Brunel is moving up from 23rd to 15th this year in the Guardian as well as moving up in the Times guide, due to all the improvements and moving everything to the Uxbridge campus.

Brunel isn't in the 23rd. As mentioned in The Times, it has fallen behind Hull to number 50 this year. Quite disappointing really but I have high hopes for Brunel (what with offering Law students who have achieved AAA in A-level, scholarships of up to £3000 PA).

I wish Brunel the best of luck ! :tsr2:
beatnik~87
Yeh but i'm talking more about the Law school than the actual university. But it is one of the top uniersities in London.

Not for law.
LSE, UCL, KCL, SOAS, City, QM, RH and even poor Goldsmiths are better for law.
It is better than UEL and London Met.
Baadshah
IThe general consensus is that the firms look at stuff in this order...

Degree Class
Extra Curricular Activities experience etc
Your Uni.

I disagree. It is generally:
Degree Class
Uni
ECs
Unless your ECs are absolutely amazing and law related (eg: winning a national or international mooting competition ), no one cares.

For the top end, everyone applies with a high 2.1 or a 1st. So the degree class can basically be taken out of the equation, leaving

Uni
ECs
Oh, an LLM or BCL will help.
fundamentally
Not for law.

Yes LSE, UCL, KCL, SOAS are better but QM & City are similar in quality. Qm is better in terms of research and City, in my opinion isn't any superior then Brunel. In addition to that, RH and Goldsmiths do not even offer law.
Reply 28
just to clarify it doesnt matter where you do your law degree....in fact its probably better to do it at a low-profile uni cos u increase ur chances of getting a 2:1. I know loads of people that are in top firms and didn't goto top uni's. At the end of the day a 2:1 from brunel v a 2:1 from ucl will mean both people will get an interview and then it depends on what u do at ur interview....employer's aren't stupid they recognise the fact that people get into top uni's by doing joke a-levels...

thanks
Reply 29
but to get into UCL or LSE or any other top uni in london, the offers are higher, where as for Brunel its less. You wont get into a Law course at LSE doing ICT, Media studies, and Film studies... so to get into a top uni, you have to do the right subjects for the course.
Employers will look at your Alevel results and subjects, as well as your degree before offering anyone an interview.
Brunel also has a really good reputation for sport science, its one of the best in the country.
fundamentally
Not for law.

you are an idiot. "poor" goldsmiths doesn't offer a course in law.

goldsmiths is not "poor" - it is an arts-based university, and therefore entirely different in academics from LSE, UCL etc.
Reply 32
Brunel is THE best university in london for sport in my opinion, the facilities here for just about everything are world-class.
Brunel is ranked 32nd / 122 by the Guardian in 2006.

Its a decent uni. Not great, not rubbish. Average.
Reply 34
but its on the up and up :biggrin: things have gotten immeasurably better here in the last 3 years, cant wait to see what the next 3 will bring!!
Reply 35
brunell is a joke. all the dumb ass students in my year got into brunel with grades like CCD
Reply 36
brunel seems jokes to me :smile: (as in the people there are friendly)
v2006
brunell is a joke. all the dumb ass students in my year got into brunel with grades like CCD

Arent you also at the same institution? :biggrin:
Reply 38
lol i meant all the students in my year (year 13) that applied to brunel got in with very low grades.
Reply 39
Brunel offered me a Scholarship. Turned it down for Durham. do they offer everyone who get high grades, scholarships? I know the sports dept is good but rankings such as The Times and Gaurdian looks at the Uni academically as a whole.

I understand about them letting people with very low grades in however, CCD is still good in A-levels.

Latest

Trending

Trending