The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

How fast and reliable are the taxi’s/ubers from Heathrow?

I’m coming from Ireland to resit an exam, looking to book a flight to land at 8am and I have to be at Brunel University at 9am, is it too risky to get a taxi to uni?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m coming from Ireland to resit an exam, looking to book a flight to land at 8am and I have to be at Brunel University at 9am, is it too risky to get a taxi to uni?

You obviously need to allow some time to disembark, get through passport control, exit the airport, etc. (I assume you'll have no checked-in luggage, if you're only visiting for an exam.)

When there's no traffic, the actual time on the road should be about 15 minutes. However, at that time on a weekday (which I assume it'll be) you'll likely have to double that.

At the other end you obviously need to get from where you're dropped off to the room you'll be taking the exam.

It all feels quite tight to me.

But, in answer to your actual question, taxis will be reliable. They might be irritated that you're travelling so locally (and that yours won't be a nice hefty fair into central London. I can't speak to Ubers from Heathrow, never having used one.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
A modest flight delay will throw your plans so it has the potential to be nerve wracking

I can guarantee you will not reach Brunel University on time within an hour of landing.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4

I'd come over the day before - you won't get there for 9am

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending