The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

When and where can we access our university email address?

I've heard that there is plenty of important infomation which will be sent to my university email address. I've done IT register and found my email address, however I don't know where I can access it. Is it currently unavailable? :confused:

Appreciate ur help!:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ehcuil
I've heard that there is plenty of important infomation which will be sent to my university email address. I've done IT register and found my email address, however I don't know where I can access it. Is it currently unavailable? :confused:

Appreciate ur help!:smile:

It's a part of outlook. You can log in through the hotmail portal (or the My Manchester portal).
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
ive not received anything yet through email
other than registering with IT and then confirming my attendence
has anyone received anything else?
Reply 3
I haven't even had those two emails and I've confirmed my attendance and signed up XD

Already hate MyManchester -.-
Reply 4
Log into MyManchester since you've completed the IT sign-up. On the bottom right of the page there is a link to your Outlook email address. It's below the My Documents widget.
Reply 5
Your email address will be

[email protected] and is available to access via hotmail

(X=First name, Y=Surname/Familyname)
Original post by wwelol
ive not received anything yet through email
other than registering with IT and then confirming my attendence
has anyone received anything else?

No, I've not received anything. Kinda glad to hear I'm not the only one :tongue:

I am guessing we're meant to receive some sort of welcome pack/registration materials, though I don't know when they'll come.
Reply 7
Original post by JuliusDS92
No, I've not received anything. Kinda glad to hear I'm not the only one :tongue:

I am guessing we're meant to receive some sort of welcome pack/registration materials, though I don't know when they'll come.

im lost too
i dont even now when we bloody start uni?
wat subject u doing?
Well Fresher's week begins on the Sunday 16th/Monday 17th, and I'm moving in on the 13th.
I'm doing maths, you?
Reply 9
i already hate the mymanchester thing. everything is so confusing..

received this pack and the letter in it says that we gotta register online from the 3rd september but i thought we already done that!?!?
Reply 10
Original post by tdkr
i already hate the mymanchester thing. everything is so confusing..

received this pack and the letter in it says that we gotta register online from the 3rd september but i thought we already done that!?!?

That registration is different from the IT sign-up and confirmation of attendance. You begin registering online from the 3rd of september and complete it when you reach the university.
They changed portal a couple of days ago, it's all IN YOUR FACE pink and purple now, not so nice. And yes, you have to register every year, after you've done that the uni tells student finance that you're actually there so you can get your loan, so it's pretty important.
Reply 12
Original post by theultimateplu
They changed portal a couple of days ago

just saw it and have to say i prefer it over the older one. everything seems smoother and better laid out. plus you can change the colours so that's good because it's too pink otherwise.
Reply 13
Original post by theultimateplu
They changed portal a couple of days ago, it's all IN YOUR FACE pink and purple now, not so nice. And yes, you have to register every year, after you've done that the uni tells student finance that you're actually there so you can get your loan, so it's pretty important.

If you go onto portal, below the "My Home" tab is a customise button, change the colour scheme to staff and it'll be a lot less bright and more like the older one!
Original post by Strangey
If you go onto portal, below the "My Home" tab is a customise button, change the colour scheme to staff and it'll be a lot less bright and more like the older one!

Oh you legend.
Reply 15
I'm used to using my live email address and it takes me 2 seconds to check. My uni email address though is already giving me a headache, too much fu**ing around for my liking. Not to mention them giving me a ridiculous username and make me pick a password that has to contain: Numbers, letters, higher case, lower case and symbols. Ok rant over lol, sure I will get used to it.
Reply 16
Dunno about anyone else but when I log in MyManchester, with all the tabs (my home, my blackboard ...etc), the uni email is just one click away on the top right corner. It's just below where it says Hello Blah Blah, alongside MyDocuments, user guide and the search bar..
Reply 17
this is very confusing
and university of manchester so far lacks clarity for us new students
Reply 18
Don't worry, everything falls into place. The uni takes 10k new undergrads every year, its gotten very good at giving people IT accounts, email addressed etc etc.....

If you still having problems come the 17th, just go to IT support in the main library, or the Joule, and someone there will be able to assist you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending