The Student Room Group

Can't login or get support on phone line

Hey there, I was a student way back in 2012. Since then I've let my student loan tick along while working without really thinking about it.

I'm now in a position where I want to start looking into possibilities for loans/ mortgages etc, so want to see where I'm at with paying off my loan.

Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the email or phone number that I used when I enrolled in university, and I can't recall the answer to my security question.

I contacted the loan helpline, but they asked for my CRN, which I no longer have, and my National Insurance number didn't bring up any associated accounts. Since NI numbers are static, I'm uncertain about how to proceed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by MattioSmith
Hey there, I was a student way back in 2012. Since then I've let my student loan tick along while working without really thinking about it.

I'm now in a position where I want to start looking into possibilities for loans/ mortgages etc, so want to see where I'm at with paying off my loan.

Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the email or phone number that I used when I enrolled in university, and I can't recall the answer to my security question.

I contacted the loan helpline, but they asked for my CRN, which I no longer have, and my National Insurance number didn't bring up any associated accounts. Since NI numbers are static, I'm uncertain about how to proceed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, When a customer is unable to confirm security details we hold for you we do require you to send a covering letter with the relevant changes and evidence of name to enable us to update the details we hold on your account. When this is updated we will send you a new SA/PW. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, When a customer is unable to confirm security details we hold for you we do require you to send a covering letter with the relevant changes and evidence of name to enable us to update the details we hold on your account. When this is updated we will send you a new SA/PW. Thanks, Angela

Thanks Angela, which address/ email address would I send that evidence to?
Original post by MattioSmith
Thanks Angela, which address/ email address would I send that evidence to?

Hi there, The address is as follows:
The Student Loans Company Ltd
100 Bothwell Street
Glasgow
G2 7JD

Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending