The Student Room Group

Please help !!!!!

When creating my student finance account, I accidentally put that my mum (sponsor 2) does not have an email address. (she already has an account that she created when my elder sister applied with her old email address)

Because of this, she filled out no details when I applied for my maintenance loan, meaning I got the minimum amount available when I'm entitled to the maximum amount.

Then, Mum logged into her account and supported my application and so, when my sister applied for finance this year, her (mum's) details automatically filled out for my application.

But, there's been no change to the amount of finance I'm getting. How do I contact Student Finance to get this sorted?

Super grateful for any advice :smile:
Original post by Hhhhh369
When creating my student finance account, I accidentally put that my mum (sponsor 2) does not have an email address. (she already has an account that she created when my elder sister applied with her old email address)

Because of this, she filled out no details when I applied for my maintenance loan, meaning I got the minimum amount available when I'm entitled to the maximum amount.

Then, Mum logged into her account and supported my application and so, when my sister applied for finance this year, her (mum's) details automatically filled out for my application.

But, there's been no change to the amount of finance I'm getting. How do I contact Student Finance to get this sorted?

Super grateful for any advice :smile:

Hi there, The quickest way to resolve this and have the application correctly assessed would be for mum to complete the PF22 form and return it with a covering letter advising of the 2 accounts she has created. The form is available on the Gov.uk website. For further clarification we need the form you can contact us direct so we can check your account. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, The quickest way to resolve this and have the application correctly assessed would be for mum to complete the PF22 form and return it with a covering letter advising of the 2 accounts she has created. The form is available on the Gov.uk website. For further clarification we need the form you can contact us direct so we can check your account. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Hi, mum has completed the form but I can't find the live chat service.

Do we need to print it out and send it to SFE?
Original post by Hhhhh369
Hi, mum has completed the form but I can't find the live chat service.

Do we need to print it out and send it to SFE?

Hi there,

No, you can just upload this directly to your account to be reviewed.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending