The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation for just 2 weeks?

Any ideas for accommodation for just 2 weeks?

Currently have a summer let in a private hall and need to find accommodation for just 2 weeks. Uni accommodation office can't offer anything and I can't stay in my current hall (I did ask).

Just need the 2 weeks to finish off my course work. Need to be in town, near the library and must have internet.

Any ideas gratefully received.
What's the budget?

Just a couple of ideas
- www.airbnb.co.uk is a good website for finding sublets and rooms to rent by the night - the idea is that people let others stay in their own homes to earn a bit of cash, on a shorter term basis than a traditional lodger. I had a look, and prices in Manchester start from £13 per night.
- hostel - there are several in Manchester; including a YHA and (although I've never stayed in that branch) they are reliably good
- inbox some of the people on the TSR classifieds who are looking for people to fill a spare room, and ask if you can stay for a fortnight
- try gumtree - you might find someone looking for a lodger that will let you stay for just a fortnight
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
What's the budget?

Just a couple of ideas
- www.airbnb.co.uk is a good website for finding sublets and rooms to rent by the night - the idea is that people let others stay in their own homes to earn a bit of cash, on a shorter term basis than a traditional lodger. I had a look, and prices in Manchester start from £13 per night.
- hostel - there are several in Manchester; including a YHA and (although I've never stayed in that branch) they are reliably good
- inbox some of the people on the TSR classifieds who are looking for people to fill a spare room, and ask if you can stay for a fortnight
- try gumtree - you might find someone looking for a lodger that will let you stay for just a fortnight

Thanks for the suggestions. airbnb proved very useful, following up a couple of places on there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending