The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Management vs Accounting & Finance

Hey TSR,

Thanks for looking at my thread. I'm applying for The London School of Economics this fall, but I'm torn between Management and Accounting & Finance.

1. Can anyone in either of the programs comment on how much they're enjoying the program?

2. Which would be easier to gain acceptance in, assuming I'm 7% above the entrance requirements?

[INDENT]Ontario: University Preparatory Courses - 90% (85% for BBB programmes at A level) in six grade 12 courses at least five of which must be University Preparatory Courses (4U). The sixth course could be a University/College Preparation Course (4M).[/INDENT]
Reply 1
I did Management at LSE and loved it.

One of my best friends at LSE did Accounting and Finance and also enjoyed it. They are both excellent courses, however, I felt that when I did Management, everyone's modules overlapped, often ended up taking the same modules as other Management students and therefore it was easier to make friends on your course. There was sense of community in the Management course, as there were fewer of us, often going to the same lectures and classes.

With Accounting and Finance, my friend always said she never knew all of her course mates as many of her modules had students from other degrees like Maths and Econ or straight Econ. The lectures were much bigger for Ac&Fi in comparison to Management ones. Obviously, you will make friends from other courses too, but sometimes I just appreciated having a friend who was doing the same work as I was at the time.

However, like I said, both degrees are fantastic and you get to learn a lot. In the first year, both degrees will have overlapping modules, so essentially you will be in the same lectures as the Accounting and Finance students if you choose to do Management and vice versa. However, it is in the second year where your degrees become much more Management or Acc&fin focused (depending on which you take).

Hope this helps!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hello, may I ask if it is possible to go into finance with a management degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending