The Student Room Group

Courses

What’s the difference bw maths with accounting and finance vs accounting and finance. I wanna pursue accounting in the future but am more interested in maths but not as a career option. Which one should I choose
Reply 1
Hi - are you from the UK?
Reply 2
@Lancaster Student Ambassador - could you link to the Lancaster courses? From recollection there were a good range.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
Hi - are you from the UK?

No but planning to study in London tho
Reply 4
Ok - where would you plan to work on graduation? That might make a huge difference to the advice. The normal advice for UK residents might not be applicable in your circumstances so you'd be well advised to ask on forums specific to your home country.
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000
Ok - where would you plan to work on graduation? That might make a huge difference to the advice. The normal advice for UK residents might not be applicable in your circumstances so you'd be well advised to ask on forums specific to your home country.

Planning on continuing the family Bss so ig accounting would be helpful in such scenarios but I enjoy doing maths as well; esp statistics.
Original post by ajj2000
@Lancaster Student Ambassador - could you link to the Lancaster courses? From recollection there were a good range.

(Thanks for the tag @ajj2000)

Hi @Toobaalam9988

I know you mentioned you were planning on studying in London, but I thought I'd link to the Lancaster courses anyway. I am not personally in accounting and finance, but Lancaster has several courses with different modules tailored to cover a good range of accounting, finance, management, economics, and maths, so it might be worth a look even if to just give inspiration as to the module areas to look out for at different universities!

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lums/undergraduate/accounting-and-finance/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=+100866_LancasterUniversity_LUMS_CoursePush_Accounting_Finance&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhomtBhDgARIsABcaYyl20o1ogaB1iyFdfgNzEA0jxs0bl0DBKuU1cv4jeNDSWZVVw1a1-DoaAkWVEALw_wcB

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending