The Student Room Group

Uni students, how many languages do you speak?

This poll is closed

Uni students, how many languages do you speak? Post a Poll

1 (English) - Standard 29%
2 (English and X) - Bilingual 39%
3-4 (Keen on languages?) - Trilingual 28%
+5 (Really?) - Badass level3%
Total votes: 180
I am curious. :smile: I speak 2. Learning another.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1. English. I'm embarrassed to be perfectly honest. I want to learn Spanish/French/Mandarin at University as part of some courses they throw on (think you have to pay £250), but I'm not sure whether I'll have the motivation and I don't want to waste money. :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
English, French, German and Spanish 'fluently'. Really should have gone up by now, but I still have 8 years to reach my goal...
Reply 3
Two. English and Dutch. I did learn some French and German, but as I haven't really had any opportunity to use them, I've forgotten most of it :colondollar:. Might pick up French again some day...
Reply 4
English...and a bit of Mandarin. Surprising how much vocab you learn when half of the people doing your course speak Mandarin...
Reply 5
I speak English, Indonesian, a bit of Spanish/Mandarin/Hindi.

I would like to learn German in the near future, but I don't see that happening too soon!
Reply 6
Sadly just the one. I'm currently learning Swedish and I can still speak a fair amount of French which I learnt in Secondary School but i'm nowhere near fluent.
1 :frown:
English.

I'd like to stake a claim to being able to speak fluently in most of the dialects of the North East. Seriously, it's like another language. Apparently it was hard to understand me during freshers :rolleyes:
Just so you know, I accidently clicked 5+ on the poll..
Reply 10
I speak English and Welsh, and just got a B at French A Level, so I guess I can include that.
Reply 11
English and Spanish fluently, and some French... I want to learn more and become fluent in French though :/
Reply 12
English, Arabic, and a little German and French. Really wanna learn spanish though!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 13
Original post by noorii
English, Arabic, and a little German and French. Really wanna learn spanish though!!!

I would love to learn Arabic!
Reply 14
English, Spanish, and French fluently, German awfully, Italian when I'm drunk. (So 3, 4 if you're generous).

Not sure whether to take up Russian or Arabic at uni, or actually learn some Italian instead of just downing vodka and spouting stereotypes.
Reply 15
Original post by kkleon
I would love to learn Arabic!

If you ever get the chance to you should! :smile:

Reply 16
All of them. :cool:
English and French, semi fluent/able to get by in Spanish and random vocabulary of odd words in Japanese since I picked it up when I did martial arts as a child. The Japanese isn't much use though, I can say the basic greetings, count and say stop, again etc etc, just stuff used in training!

Reply 18
English, French, German, Hindi/Urdu, Punjabi, Some Arabic and some Kiswahili :smile: But still wanna learn more. My family has... Strange roots lol

Original post by Greatleysteg
English, French, German and Spanish 'fluently'. Really should have gone up by now, but I still have 8 years to reach my goal...

That's impressive! Most of the Liverpool fans I know haven't even mastered English yet...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending