The Student Room Group

General "transferring university" question

If I wanted to transfer universities, would I need to meet the standard entry requirements?

If I didn't, could I retake some A-Level modules whilst at uni to bring it up to the required grades?

If I did do the above and got a first, would I be able to transfer to a better uni ?

Lastly, do I do all the transferring through the usual UCAS system ? If so, would I need to put my new predict grades down as well or would I have got them by then ?
Reply 1
It depends on the university. Contact the admissions for the courses you're interested in transferring to and see if they'd be likely to accept you. You would usually go through UCAS when transferring, yes. And if you were resitting you wouldn't have your grades yet so they would have to be predicted.
Reply 2
My course mate didn't meet the A Level requirements for Pharmacy at King's, but they offered him a place providing he averages 70+ in his first year. Depends on the university department though, best to contact them :smile:

Edit: He was very clever considering the rise in fees. Now he pays £3000 fees instead of £9000 even though he's starting fresh in 2012.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Also, I think you add your university and course on UCAS and include details of why you wish to transfer on your personal statement - don't think predicted grades are required, maybe a strong reference from your academic tutor?
Depends on the department.

Durham took the results on my foundation year over my A-level results. Bristol, Warwick, Manchester would also do the same.
Reply 5
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Depends on the department.

Durham took the results on my foundation year over my A-level results. Bristol, Warwick, Manchester would also do the same.

I don't understand this ? What if I'm not doing a foundation year ?

I'm very tempted to take an Access course instead :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending