The Student Room Group

Do universities care what exam boards you do your A-Levels on?

I'll being doing English Lit on AQA. AQA doesn't have the best reputation and some people think it's the easiest board. I want to apply to Cambridge and LSE; will they prefer somebody who did OCR or Edexcel? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Plasticine
I'll being doing English Lit on AQA. AQA doesn't have the best reputation and some people think it's the easiest board. I want to apply to Cambridge and LSE; will they prefer somebody who did OCR or Edexcel? Thanks.

No.

No. They aren't allowed to discriminate based on the exam board with which you took your A-levels.
Reply 3

No
Don't know why you'd want to do OCR, from what I've heard it's an absolute bitch for A Level English Lit (and was pretty **** for GCSE, too).
Reply 5
AQA easy for English Literature? Don't make me laugh! You'll be fine :-)

Quick Reply

Latest