The Student Room Group

GCSE Certificates

So I’m sitting GCSEs in June and I’m not sure how many certificates I’m going to end up with on results day? I’ve been told that it’s one per exam board per season but don’t know how it’ll work as I’m doing a BTEC course too, which is split into 3 components.
Original post by notingcseyet
So I’m sitting GCSEs in June and I’m not sure how many certificates I’m going to end up with on results day? I’ve been told that it’s one per exam board per season but don’t know how it’ll work as I’m doing a BTEC course too, which is split into 3 components.

Well, for a start you don't get your certificates on results day - it's typically a couple of months after that before they reach you. (You only get your grade/mark on results day.)

Secondly, all BTECs are offered by one exam board - Pearson/Edexcel. Are you taking any GCSEs with Pearson/Edexcel?

What do you mean by "is split into 3 components". Is it a single qualification containing three units? Which qualification is it?

Finally, why do you care whether you receive one certificate or five?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Well, for a start you don't get your certificates on results day - it's typically a couple of months after that before they reach you. (You only get your grade/mark on results day.)

Secondly, all BTECs are offered by one exam board - Pearson/Edexcel. Are you taking any GCSEs with Pearson/Edexcel?

What do you mean by "is split into 3 components". Is it a single qualification containing three units? Which qualification is it?

Finally, why do you care whether you receive one certificate or five?

i’m taking it with pearson and it’s health and social care, it’s split into 3 components yeah and they’re recorded seperately i think?
it’s not that i’m too bothered i’m just confused as people keep saying different things
(edited 3 months ago)
i’m taking it with pearson and it’s health and social care, it’s split into 3 components yeah and they’re recorded seperately i think?
it’s not that i’m too bothered i’m just confused as people keep saying different things

Pearson offer quite a few BTECs in Health and Social Care. Given that you're taking it alongside GCSEs, I'm going to take a punt and assume that you're doing a Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 Tech Award in Health and Social Care.

They make it clear in the Section 8 of the specification (here) that you get a single overall grade, but that the result for each of the three components will also be reported:

"The BTEC Tech Award qualifications will be graded and certificated on a seven-grade scale from Level 2 Distinction* to Level 1 Pass. Individual components will be graded on a six-point scale from Level 2 Distinction to Level 1 Pass. Individual component results will be reported."
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Pearson offer quite a few BTECs in Health and Social Care. Given that you're taking it alongside GCSEs, I'm going to take a punt and assume that you're doing a Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 Tech Award in Health and Social Care.

They make it clear in the Section 8 of the specification (here) that you get a single overall grade, but that the result for each of the three components will also be reported:

"The BTEC Tech Award qualifications will be graded and certificated on a seven-grade scale from Level 2 Distinction* to Level 1 Pass. Individual components will be graded on a six-point scale from Level 2 Distinction to Level 1 Pass. Individual component results will be reported."

that makes sense, thanks for helping out. kinda worriedfor results day so want to plan it out to the details yk?
that makes sense, thanks for helping out. kinda worriedfor results day so want to plan it out to the details yk?

I completely understand the desire to know all the details about results day. Knowing the number of individual certificates you will receive a couple of months later just seems a tad like overkill though. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest