The Student Room Group

MADAS maths as papers

are they supposed to be the same as the as exam because im finding them really hard
Reply 1
Hi, I just finished my A level maths and while I was doing madas maths for practise my teacher always told me to not do any questions that were rated higher than 3/4 stars. If you're aiming for an A/A* you want to be doing the 3 and 4 star questions, in my personal experience, they're harder than the questions you actually face in the exam but that's the whole point. By doing exam questions that stretch and challenge you, it will make doing the proper exam a lot easier.
I think that the madas maths website has content wayyyyyyyy past any A level exam board specification so I'd reccomend being careful on the questions you do because it's very easy to think that A level maths is impossible when in reality you're trying to solve a university level differential equation.
Madas maths is meant to be slightly harder but that's what makes you a stronger mathematician, its similar to working out and using heavier weights

Quick Reply

Latest